Dionne Warwick, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane from the O'Keefe Center 1967

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Dionne Warwick, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane from the O'Keefe Center 1967

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

ron hertel wrote:..... WHY???? ..... This what a discussion forum is all about!
You're absolutely correct, Ron.

And after watching Dionne's behavior on Celebrity Apprentice a few years back, I can easily believe that working with Dionne could be anything other than delightful.
face

Post by face »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:I`m genuinely sorry I even brought this up. :)
Blair, no one is upset with you in the slightest! We're just trading info. One thing about this board that I love is that it has always been so civil and composed. No worries, friend.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I`ve listened to Just Being Myself for the first time in years and have to report that I like it now more than ever. For me the Dionne era ended here. The later flailing that developed into the Diva act never worked for me at all. Yes, there were terrific tracks along the way as I`ve granted before: "Heartbreaker" and "Deja Vu" were great. But, the reunion with Bacharach during the Bayer-Sager years was shockingly banal. I hold on to faint hope that the two may yet bring it all full circle, but even if they don`t, look at - well, really - listen to what they`ve left us. It`s surely comparable to Ella Fitzgerald`s "Songbook" catalogue.
face

Post by face »

Dionne recently gave an interview where she speaks about her music career in a different way than usual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-yHRiiqRY. I liked it!

P.S.: Blair, she even addresses Thom Bell and "Then Came You" beginning around the 13:40 mark. :lol:
Blair N. Cummings

I feel some small measure of vindication regarding "Then Came You." I KNEW I had read a story of some unpleasantness regarding it. So, even if it wasn`t true, at least Dionne acknowledges that it went around.
An Enormous BB Fan

face wrote:Dionne recently gave an interview where she speaks about her music career in a different way than usual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-yHRiiqRY. I liked it!
Is anyone else not getting any sound with this???
Blair N. Cummings

I listened to it this morning and just checked back and the audio is fine. Maybe try another browser?
An Enormous BB Fan

Blair N. Cummings wrote:I listened to it this morning and just checked back and the audio is fine. Maybe try another browser?
Okay, thanks.