Dionne's first TV special to air on getTV

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

Dionne's first TV special to air on getTV

Post by mark »

Just posted this on the homepage, but I saw on Facebook (thanks to Alec C.) that upstart over-the-air network getTV is airing Dionne's first network special, Souled Out, this week. Guests include Glen Campbell, Creedence Clearwater Revival, comedian George Kirby and (of course) Burt Bacharach. Here's a link to my post on the homepage, which includes a video of Glen performing "Here's That Rainy Day." http://bacharachonline.com/wordpress/20 ... -on-gettv/
kyleburke

Re: Dionne's first TV special to air on getTV

Post by kyleburke »

It killed me that GetTV is not on my cable lineup, and, although it is supposed to be available here over the air, I wasn't able to get the channel. I hope someone will be able to get the show up on Youtube. :(
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

The Glen Campbell clip is watermarked with getTV's logo, so someone recorded it. Maybe somebody over at the Glenn Campbell Forum can upload the whole show. I was especially impressed with the quality of the video. I've got VHS copies of Burt's TV specials from that era and the quality isn't that great. It would be awesome if a network like getTV could clean them up and get the back on the air.
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Mark, glad to see it repeated! Please refer to my post "Dionne on TV" from Saturday, Nov. 7, 2015. I really enjoyed CCR.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Sorry, grooverider! I totally missed your earlier posting. Yes, it's great to see it re-aired, although unfortunately getTV doesn't air in my market. I'm hoping somebody will record and post the entire show to YouTube.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

I Saw the Dionne Special.

In my judgment, Burt helped the show with his appearance!

Mark, thank for the heads up!
Take care;

Vincent