Lincol Center - Some Lovers

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Roberto Pinardi

Lincol Center - Some Lovers

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Video from the web of some lovers to Lincol Center?
Bye Roberto
Blair N. Cummings

Re: Lincol Center - Some Lovers

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

This performance - to my naïve surprise - already has been removed from the LC Live website. If it`s any consolation, only blue logged in to voice his enjoyment of the program. Everyone else seems implicitly to have shared my underwhelmed response. We had all heard most of this before anyway and whatever work on it had been done seems not to have improved it much.
As I wrote earlier, NY Animals seems to contain better material; and I`m looking forward to the PO soundtrack (assuming, perhaps idealistically, that there will be a recording of it).
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Burt Bacharach is an example of total dedication and love of his work: one expecional musician. So we all admire and love him.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

What Dharma Junior said...and more. Like the new stuff, or not, will ANY of us be as creatively vibrant as the B-Man at nearly 88?!?!

Best to you fellow Bacharachians!
David_Noble

Post by David_Noble »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:This performance - to my naïve surprise - already has been removed from the LC Live website. If it`s any consolation, only blue logged in to voice his enjoyment of the program. Everyone else seems implicitly to have shared my underwhelmed response.
Not correct - I had also expressed my enthusiasm for the score.

I recorded the audio from the livestream and have now listened to it quite a few times - and the more I listen, the more I like the songs. Many are very beautiful.

Dave
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Jerry wrote:What Dharma Junior said...and more. Like the new stuff, or not, will ANY of us be as creatively vibrant as the B-Man at nearly 88?!?!

Best to you fellow Bacharachians!
Exactly. That's right!
Blair N. Cummings

I certainly didn`t intend to question Burt`s genius, energy, or integrity. No one, however, bats .1000. Sometimes you hit a pop fly (to belabor a metaphor), and it`s simply my opinion that most of the Some Lovers score is sub-par. I very much like the title song and "Only Music I Understand", but that`s about it. I would like a similar stream of the NY Animals production because I`ve enjoyed the two songs I`ve heard. I also hope that there will be an album of the Po soundtrack but given Burt`s stated eschewal of further recording, I wonder if we`ll see it.
BTW, speaking (as some have done) of missing posters like Steveo, has anyone heard from Ron Hertel lately?
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

I'm not over keen on the way it's performed in the show but as sung by Josie James 'Every Other Hour' sounds like classic Bacharach to me. It certainly more than holds its own in a Bacharach concert amongst all the hits.
bonkersforburt

Post by bonkersforburt »

Hush is really beautiful when performed by
Bill Cantos in concert. The whole audience seems to hold its breath.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

I think it is very 'selfish' of us to expect so much more from this great man when he has given us so much.
Thank you Burt.

'blue'
Blair N. Cummings

blue, all I was asking is to hear work that Burt has already completed or agreed to complete. I`m not handing him any new assignments.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Blair,
I completely understand what you're saying.....no problems.

'blue'
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

I just want to make a comment about “Some Lovers”.

Yes it might not be a hit as so many of Burt’s & Hal’s songs were in the 60’s & 70’; but we should all celebrate that Burt @ his age in still writing music!

For one I am truly grateful! Since 1962 as a 12 year old boy, I have been captivated by Burt’s music!!!
When my older brother put “Don’t Make Me Over” on the Turntable, it just blew me away!

I will be in Nashville TN, on March 10, 2016 to hear Burt play with the Nashville Symphony to a pack house!
I have a front seat to this event. I want to get the full force of Burt’s music that has moved me for over 5 decades and counting!

There will be a few fans from the forum that will be at the show, such as Laura and Layne Miller. Hope to meet other diehard and new fans before or after the performance!

Take care;

Vincent