Burt on TV

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

warbachavid

Burt on TV

Post by warbachavid »

AFI's 100 Songs...100 Years, June 22, CBS 8-11
warbachavid

Dionne On TV

Post by warbachavid »

For those who missed what is Dionnes best acting performance ever on TV, the episode of Walker Texas Ranger that Dionne appeared on repeats on 3/17/04 on USA at 1:30pm.
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Sold on Steve Tyrell

Dakota owner Lowell Pickett is usually too gentle to be direct. But the jazz club proprietor, going gangbusters in his new Nicollet Mall location, didn't have any trouble Tuesday telling singer Steve Tyrell that it was show time. "Right," Tyrell said. "Steve Weiss, who books the Pantages had come over to say hello, so I wasn't really socializing. He was talking to me about coming back and playing the Pantages." Tyrell likes to play venues of varying size. His sold-out, two-day, four-show run at the Dakota makes him optimistic about a larger Twin Cities audience. "It's the first time I ever played here," he said. "I didn't know if anybody knew who I was." His latest standards album, "This Guy's in Love," has been among the top three jazz albums for 20 weeks, and fans will be reminded of Tyrell when an interview with Katie Couric airs. Tyrell wasn't able to perform much while his wife, Stephanie, battled colon cancer. She died in October. "Of course, she lost her husband to colon cancer," Tyrell said. The NBC piece is "basically about me going on with my life after losing my wife." Tyrell, who caught attention in his "Father of the Bride" work, was filmed by NBC rehearsing with Burt Bacharach at Herb Alpert's club. Next he will be busy with Rod Stewart. "He and Clive Davis asked me to produce his new album," Tyrell said. Stewart has "been a real supporter of mine, come to a lot of my concerts and stuff, and a lot the albums [of standards] he's making are similar to what I've been doing."