upstairs two flights up? has anyoneone heard this song?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Re: upstairs two flights up? has anyoneone heard this song?

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

"Do Your Own Thing" is, indeed, a Lieber/Stoller song arranged by Mike Stoller. It was a minor hit around `68.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:"Do Your Own Thing" is, indeed, a Lieber/Stoller song arranged by Mike Stoller. It was a minor hit around `68.

How cqn u tell? Lieber stoller songs tend not to be soft n Mellon. Since when do they use french horns without triangles and mandolins?

Check out the links I posted in the post ur links forum. Very rare bacharach songs. Im sure u will kno them since ur a wise sage bit im sure many domt.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:
Well guess that settles it then. I didn't know Jerry and them had the ability to compose in that style. I have always thought some of their music at times sounded somewhat occult especially the vocal harmonies( Ben E. King on the horizon, Ben King i keep forgetting, Jay and the Americans look in my eyes maria). Could just be me. Maybe Big Don Kirshner thought Bacharach was hot at the time and was encouraging the other brill writers to copy his style? If you ask me he was clearly mimicking his style especially when you consider what there original style sounds like.