Red Alert

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Roberto Pinardi

Red Alert

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Blair N. Cummings

Re: Red Alert

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Wow. Gift of the Magi/Some Lovers did so well, Burt collaborated with Sater on another dozen or so songs no one will ever hear.
I`m sorry, but my cynicism is in full flower. Get back to us when there are some demos or bootlegs of this stuff. Sorry to be so crabby but for a guy who is "all about hits", Burt seems to be going far out of his way to assure that his late-life songs will never vibrate a human eardrum, much less "go viral."
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Red Alert

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I love Burt and I love what he's doing. He's continuing to compose music and get his shows produced -- which is now happening! If he's going out of his way to do anything, then he's going out of his way to remain vital and productive even well into his 80's. God bless Burt Bacharach! I've heard 2 songs from "Some Lovers," which I thought were great. And I heard his song entitled "Hush," which I found to be very moving and the work of a still-brilliant composer!