Burt new songs

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Davide Bonori

Burt new songs

Post by Davide Bonori »

I found a list of songs from the new Bacharach album.
Unfortunately is not the complete tracklist.

Always taking aim (B. Bacharach - Tonio K)
Can't give it up (B. Bacharach - Tonio K)
Dreams will come (B. Bacharach - Tonio K - C. Botti)
Go ask Shakespeare (B. Bacharach - Tonio K - D. Dre)
Is love enough? (B. Bacharach - Tonio K - D. Dre)
Please explain (B. Bacharach - Tonio K - D. Dre)
Where did it go? (B. Bacharach - Tonio K - P. Board)
Who are these people (B. Bacharach - Tonio K)

Davide Bonori

Post by Guest »

My understading was that this was a mainly instrumental work. Is that so?

"Who are these people": wouldn't this title be inspidered on the Butch Cassidy movie (in which Burt and Sundance keep asking themselves who on earth were the guys who tracked them so effectively)?
CC

Post by CC »

"Who are those guys?" is the actual quote, so I think it's a stretch to think that "Who are these people?" is a reference to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...Just my opinion.
David Noble

New album

Post by David Noble »

Burt said that the new album is due next month. I have seen no reference to it on the Sony website (US or UK) and it is not available for pre-order from Amazon. It was good to see Davide's partial tracklist.

Dave Noble
Roberto Pinardi

Site

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Hello friends visit:

http://www.windsweptpacific.com/thechar ... ly2005.pdf

SECTION IV PAG. 53

Bye
Bob
CC

Song explained

Post by CC »

Anonymous wrote:My understading was that this was a mainly instrumental work. Is that so?

"Who are these people": wouldn't this title be inspidered on the Butch Cassidy movie (in which Burt and Sundance keep asking themselves who on earth were the guys who tracked them so effectively)?
From BBC2:

"His new album, released at the end of next month, sees Bacharach reunited with sometime co-worker Elvis Costello, for an uncharacteristically "political" song entitled Who Are These People? It reflects a disillusion with world leaders"