Should Burt replace Donna Taylor

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

Should Burt replace Donna Taylor

Post by Marcel »

Question ?

Should Burt replace Donna Taylor ?
Why ?
The last few concerts she was not strong to sing proper!
Saw the show at Glastonbury and she song terrible teh beautiful "Thats What Friends Are For"

And i saw other recent performances of her with Burt and even then she was not able to sing proper!

Kind Regards,

Marcel
Blair N. Cummings

Re: Should Burt replace Donna Taylor

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I can`t recall anything axe-worthy about Donna`s performance, but I`m not going to watch it again. I think Burt should take this whole tired greatest hits act off the road and devote some time to one last studio album.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

.... Appreciate what you're saying Blair; however, we can't lose sight of the fact that Burt is doing what he most enjoys doing at the age of 87. ..... Interacting with others as we age contributes to our well being and it is obvious that Burt is doing it the way he chooses. ..... What could be more fulfilling than performing around the world for appreciative audiences and traveling with your family and your own musicians and vocalists? ...... I still believe he'll be delivering "new music" in some form - and it could even be commercially successful! ...... Don't expect any retirement announcements in the foreseeable future!

ron
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Marcel;

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you need to cut Donna Taylor some slack!

I understand that maybe Donna was not up to par for the 2 shows that you saw.

In addition, she is traveling over 5.4 thousand miles from LA to England, not counting 8 Time Zones. I don’t know if this has an effect on one’s voice or not or she was under the weather. I am not trying to make excuses for Donna.

But for almost 20 years that I have seen Donna perform with Burt & the band she gave sterling performances!

In my judgment what is paramount is, Burt still finds Donna to be a great asset to his touring band! All of us know that Burt is a perfectionist and you would not be singing or playing with him, if your performance is mediocre!

Vincent
bonkersforburt

Post by bonkersforburt »

just watched the performance.....donna's voice cracked a bit...just an off moment..... but her worst is still better than anyone else's best... love her!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

No one sings "Waiting For Charlie To Come Home" better than Donna.
Long may she continue, it wouldn't be the same without her.

"blue"
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

You basically have to understand that the band is family.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.