Bacharach David songbook to be Rumer's next Album

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Nicko

Bacharach David songbook to be Rumer's next Album

Post by Nicko »

Rumer's next album will be Bacharach David songbook produced by her new husband Rob Shirakbari.( she announced it on her Facebook)
grooverider

Re: Bacharach David songbook to be Rumer's next Album

Post by grooverider »

"Hasbrook Heights" is a bonus track on Rumer's latest cd. Here is a live duet with Dionne Warwick:

Hank

Post by Hank »

....and she is asking for song suggestions...
Hope there’s a few surprises on the track list.
Who Get’s The Guy - anyone ?
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Wouldn't it be great if she didn't do any of the big hit B/D songs and only did the great lesser known songs that few people cover, like, for instance, "Who Gets The Guy?", which I think is a great choice. And please note that of all the songs that Dionne recorded, "Who Gets The Guy?" is Dionne's mother's favorite song. Go figure. And this bit of information was told to our Vincent by none other than Dionne's mother her own self!

I would suggest "Walking Backwards (Down The Road)," "Let Me Go To Him," "In Between The Heartaches," "Walk Little Dolly," "Seconds," "I Won't Break," and "I Cry Alone." I could name a ton more, but I'll start with these. The world needs to know that the B/D songbook is more than ISALP, WTWNNIL, AWHAH and Close To You.
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

"The Balance of Nature" is apparently nailed on to be one of the songs, she's replied on Facebook that she loves that song and it's on her list, although it's to be sped up a bit from Dionne's version.
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

Much as I too love 'Seconds' and 'I Won't Break', AEBBF, they don't feature lyrics by Hal David.

My choices feature the four B&D standards I'd love to hear Rumer record. All the others are just terrific songs that need greater exposure and which I think Rumer would do a good job:

The Look of Love
One Less Bell to Answer
A House is Not a Home
Trains and Boats and Planes
Knowing When to Leave
Paper Mache
Whoever You Are I Love You
Are You There (With Another Girl)
Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
Here I Am
The April Fools
Who Gets the Guy
I Just Have to Breath
The Balance of Nature
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Whoever You Are, I Love You, and Long Ago Tomorrow.

Although I'm not sure Rumer could handle either of these. Odds and Ends is more up her street.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

It`s a sign of the times that songs already having been given definitive expression can be anticipated as face-lifts.
Rumer is about as exciting a singer as Karen Carpenter and will bring zilch to whatever program she selects.
Yes, once again, I am the turd in the punchbowl, but someone had to say it.
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

You have to admire Rumer for her good taste if nothing else, the way she's always referencing the likes of Burt Bacharach and Jimmy Webb. If she's decided to record an album of Bacharach and David Songs then it has to be good news and nothing to get negative about. One thing for sure, it will introduce a lot of their Songs to a younger audience.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Martin Johnson wrote:You have to admire Rumer for her good taste if nothing else, the way she's always referencing the likes of Burt Bacharach and Jimmy Webb. If she's decided to record an album of Bacharach and David Songs then it has to be good news and nothing to get negative about. One thing for sure, it will introduce a lot of their Songs to a younger audience.
Martin,
I absolutely agree with you !

"blue"
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Martin Johnson wrote:You have to admire Rumer for her good taste if nothing else, the way she's always referencing the likes of Burt Bacharach and Jimmy Webb. If she's decided to record an album of Bacharach and David Songs then it has to be good news and nothing to get negative about. One thing for sure, it will introduce a lot of their Songs to a younger audience.
Burt won't be complaining and neither would Hal if he was still with us.