On the Flip Side

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

On the Flip Side

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

For those who came in late, this was posted some time ago by a now-deceased forum participant. Unfortunately, that individual became petulant and removed all his/her links when Mark felt that he might be held liable for unlawful file-sharing. I defended Mark, pissed off the poster, and went away for nearly a year.
Now, afresh are these from the original ABC TV production of the Bacharach/David musical, On the Flip Side:

Ken Miller

Re: On the Flip Side

Post by Ken Miller »

I wonder if this TV production exists somewhere. Someone has to have it. That would be interesting to see.
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: On the Flip Side

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Ken Miller wrote:I wonder if this TV production exists somewhere. Someone has to have it. That would be interesting to see.
A number of years ago, I met Vincent and his lovely wife, Cheryl, at the Museum of Television and Radio here in New York City where we saw "On The Flip Side." It is definitely available to the public at that museum. Actually, it was called "The Museum of Television and Radio" at that time, but they changed the name to "The Paley Center for Media." Their link is www.paleycenter.org. It's a great resource for looking up old shows in their database which they then show to you on TV screens. We also saw a number of Burt's Kraft TV Specials from the 70's. Sadly, "On The Flip Side" wasn't anything to write home about.