Bacharach touring the UK again this summer

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Martin Johnson

Bacharach touring the UK again this summer

Post by Martin Johnson »

It's just been announced that Bacharach is touring the UK again. The dates are as follows:

26 June London, Royal Festival Hall *
30 June Manchester, Bridgewater Hall *
01 July Birmingham, Symphony Hall *
03 July Nottingham, Royal Concert Hall
05 July Cardiff, Wales Millennium Centre *
08 July Bristol, Colston Hall

* = with orchestra
pljms

Re: Bacharach touring the UK again this summer

Post by pljms »

Good news of course, although I suspect the concert program will essentially be the same as last time. The fact that he's always gauranteed full and enthusiastic houses must be the major factor as to why he keeps returning to the UK.
Paul
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Pljms;

It might be the same concert, but are you still going to go?

Hey, it might be the last time Burt will be coming to the U.K. You never know. So I would go!!!

Take care;

Vincent
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Great news for Bacharach admirers! .... Just look at that 2015 concert schedule. ... It's reminiscent of Dionne's itinerary over the past few years - which came to a rather abrupt halt last year. ... Hopefully this does not signal a similar cutback for Burt's fans around the world. ...... The travel can be exhausting and I do believe he has a lot more in terms of projects and composing in mind! ........ Those who have seen him in concert know how much he appears to truly enjoy it!
pljms

Post by pljms »

vincent.cole wrote:Pljms;

Hey, it might be the last time Burt will be coming to the U.K. You never know. So I would go!!!

Take care;

Vincent
Yes Vincent, I'll be going to the London concert simply because I can't NOT go and I'm sure you're familiar with this feeling! As for it maybe being his last UK tour, I doubt if he thinks that for one moment. I remember in an interview he gave he said he would never do a 'farewell tour' of anywhere because that's not in his nature, being the positive, looking ahead sort of guy he's always been.
Paul
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

pljms wrote:
vincent.cole wrote:Pljms;

Take care;

Vincent
Yes Vincent, I'll be going to the London concert simply because I can't NOT go and I'm sure you're familiar with this feeling! As for it maybe being his last UK tour, I doubt if he thinks that for one moment. I remember in an interview he gave he said he would never do a 'farewell tour' of anywhere because that's not in his nature, being the positive, looking ahead sort of guy he's always been.
That's the only way to be.
Long live Burt !

"blue"
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Pljms;

In no way was I implying that this would be Burt's last U.K. tour. Yes, LA to the U.K. is almost 5 1/2 thousand miles. Touring from city to city is not easy on us mere mortals (lol).

I was just trying to encourage you to go. Pljms, glad that you will see him again when he crosses the pond.

Burt will never do a farewell tour. That not in Burt’s blood.

Take care;

Vincent
Jules

Post by Jules »

I note some dates are with Orchestra and some with Band?

Can I get a tip as to what's best?

Thanks,

Jules
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Jules;

An Orchestra would be the way to listen to a Burt Concert! Especially if there are many violins!

From my experience, when Burt plays with an Orchestra, it shorter than with his core band.

Hey, if you get tickets for both an Orchestra and his core band, go for it!

Take care;

Vincent
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Has anyone else noticed the schedule for the Royal Festival Hall concert is a little different from usual:

"This year, he not only performs with his orchestra but is also interviewed on stage about his life, his career and the stories behind the songs.
He is joined on stage by a selection of special guest performers."

Has Burt ever been interviewed during a concert before???
roosttylor

Post by roosttylor »

There’s been only four instances when the trend was reversed, of Bacharach song recordings reaching the UK Top 40 and failing to do the same in the US: Another Tear Falls by the Walker Brothers, Long After Tonight is all Over by Jimmy Radcliffe, It's Love That Really Counts by the Merseybeats and Keep Away From Other Girls by Helen Shapiro. Remarkably, A House is Not a Home has never been a Top 40 hit on either side of the pond.