2008 BBC Concert

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

spsarlo

2008 BBC Concert

Post by spsarlo »

Can anyone tell me who the trumpet and sax players were on A House is Not a Home ? I have searched every possible location to find these two mentioned by name but to no avail. I have heard many arrangements of this number but in my opinion none come close to measuring up to this version. I thought it was wonderful. I would like to know if the sax player has any other CD's. Also, is there any way to purchase the CD of this concert so I can listen outside of Utube? I do not believe these two musicians were part of the BBC Orchestra ,but were actually private musicians. I find it very unusual they are not given credit for their wonderful work. Burt is usually very free with compliments for the musicians he works with.
Djalma Junior

Re: 2008 BBC Concert

Post by Djalma Junior »

Dear Spsarlo,

Throughout his career Burt Bacharach was always very faithful to the musicians members of his orchestra .

I may be wrong but based on this fact I believe that the trumpet is Tom Ehlen and saxphone (soprano, alto and tenor) Dennis Wilson.

I apologize if they are not.

Best regards
Djalma Jr