Waiting for Charlie

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

Waiting for Charlie

Post by Marcel »

one is with the MAESTRO :-)

enjoy......

Kind Regards,

Marcel
vincent.cole

Re: Waiting for Charlie

Post by vincent.cole »

Marcel;

Thanks for posting "Waiting for Charlie".

My favorite is by Donna Taylor! Donna takes this song to a new level in my judgment! What raw emotions that Donna brings to this song!

Can't wait for Donna to perform this song in Kansas City, Friday November 21, 2014!!!

Take care.

Vincent
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

My favorite version too....:-O
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Thank you Mr. Marcel, our DJ Flashback of songs composed by Burt Bacharach!

All these interpretations are worthy of applause and respect. Each one means something to someone on a special date that marks a memory forever.

As for me marked the interpretations of Trijntje Oosterhuis (Traincha), Karima and Donna Taylor.

Best regards.

Djalma Jr
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

Dear Djalma,

Youre welcome,

The Part with Burt and Traincha was at the North Sea Jazz Festival in the Netherlands where i live.
That was in 2009.
I was at the concert that time.
Burt is my all time favourit and together on stage with Traincha was really supereb !

Kind Regards,

Marcel :-)
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Marcel wrote:Dear Djalma,

Youre welcome,

The Part with Burt and Traincha was at the North Sea Jazz Festival in the Netherlands where i live.
That was in 2009.
I was at the concert that time.
Burt is my all time favourit and together on stage with Traincha was really supereb !

Kind Regards,

Dear Marcel,

It is a great privilege you have been in a show of Traincha!

I'm a fan of Traincha and would like her to do a show in Brazil.
Perhaps the best shortcut to her coming is the composer Ivan Lins, it is now his interpreter as seen in these videos below:

Art of Survival - Featuring Trijntje Oosterhuis - Ivan Lins & The Metropole Orchestra (2009)

Let Us Be Always | Ivan Lins & The Metropole Orchestra (2009)

Note how these two songs have similarities with the songs of Burt and it's no wonder that Burt is avowed fan of Ivan Lins.

Best Regards,
Djalma Jr
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

Dear Djalma,

It has some Bacharachian style in to it, but the songs of Burt and Ivan, sorry you can not compare because they are both very talented.
However i don`t like Ivans voice because i have the impression that he sometimes sings out of key !?
But as an composer i do love his songs !

Kind regards,

Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Marcel wrote:Dear Djalma,

It has some Bacharachian style in to it, but the songs of Burt and Ivan, sorry you can not compare because they are both very talented.
However i don`t like Ivans voice because i have the impression that he sometimes sings out of key !?
But as an composer i do love his songs !

Kind regards,

Dear Marcel,

It's true!

About Ivan Lins singing slightly out of key because he's in essence is more a Composer than a singer.

This also occurs with Burt Bacharach, not a singer par excellence but a phenomenal Composer.

But that does not stop both are admired, applauded in their shows because that's how we all learn to like and admire them.

Their talent compensates for any "key leakage" through great performers singers like Traincha for example!

Best Regards
Djalma Jr.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Much can be rightfully overlooked when a composer performs his own work - especially when performed live! .... The intensity and passion of these performances overshadows any vocal shortcomings!
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

ron hertel wrote:Much can be rightfully overlooked when a composer performs his own work - especially when performed live! .... The intensity and passion of these performances overshadows any vocal shortcomings!
Dear Ron,

I agree with you. Usually that's what happens!

Best Regards
Djalma Jr