"Lost Horizon" on tv

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

grooverider

"Lost Horizon" on tv

Post by grooverider »

"Lost Horizon" will be on the GETtv channel, Wednesday, Nov. 5th at 7:00 pm Pacific time. There are commercial breaks but a good, clear transfer (IMHO). I don't think this 1973 film comes on tv all that often, not sure how many cable/satellite providers have the GETtv channel. I think GETtv will also show the 1937 Frank Capra film earlier on that same day.
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: "Lost Horizon" on tv

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Thanks grooverider, I watched the original on getTv this past Sunday. It was the first time I'd seen it and found it to be more intriguing than the '73 remake. Burt must have taken his cue from the original's score with its minor keys, diminished and augmented chords, and overall exotic themes. It's still hard to believe that this movie was the reason that Burt and Hal parted ways, abandoning Dionne, causing lawsuits, and leaving us fans high and dry. I still listen to the OST and am anticipating new releases from the PFM musical, the new Austin Powers project, and the Diana Krall project. I have been a fan of Burt's for almost 60 years and STILL can't get enough!