new Christmas song

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

bonkersforburt

new Christmas song

Post by bonkersforburt »

Burt has written a new Christmas song for Dionne
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: new Christmas song

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Can't wait to hear it! I know it's a stretch, but I can only hope that this could be the start of things to come. Given Dionne's gospel background, I've always envisioned Burt composing songs of faith for her. Quite simply, they are the loves of my life.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

According to Serene Dominic, in 1978 Burt and Hal wrote a song called "Everybody Knows The Way To Bethlehem"....Possibly a Yuletide reworking of "Do You Know The Way To San Jose"

So far unreleased.

"blue" (supplier of useless information)
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Would it be spoiling the party to ask for the source of this?
BTW, whatever happens, there cannot be much more "to come." Burt`s pushing ninety and Dionne`s over seventy with a much - diminished range.
Let`s not lose track of reality.
Downtown

Post by Downtown »

Bonkersforburt tends to be a pretty well-informed source and if you take Dionne's last two albums as an indicator she can under the right circumstances still deliver in the studio. She didn't get a Grammy nomination for "Now" for nothing.

And for the moment she seems to have stopped touring, the only scheduled appearance I can find is this week together with Clive Davis when he is receiving some award. The great Clive Davis who is proving his midas-touch again right now with Aretha's new smash album 'Aretha Franklin Sings the Great Diva Hits'.

And concerning that "range" thing I would just like to mention a couple of vocalists that play a key role in the BB story: Marlene Dietrich, Elvis Costello and BB himself...Range???

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1980613