Great News

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Roberto Pinardi

Great News

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

ron hertel

Re: Great News

Post by ron hertel »

Rob:

That is "Great News" - Hopefully something positive will materialize for "Some Lovers" in light of the fact that Bacharach and Sater appear to be solidly behind this effort! ... Thanks for sharing this link!

Ron
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Am I just having a "senior moment" or is there a misprint in that link? Twenty-nine hours?! Really?
I guess it HAS undergone "extensive rewrites". It`s been expanded by twenty-seven hours. Unless it was read consecutively fourteen or fifteen times to the same audience. What have I missed here?
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Blair:

I thought the same thing! ..... Either a misprint - or - perhaps a "Telethon"!

Ron
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

It's not a misprint, and don't worry, you're not having a senior moment! "Some Lovers" had a 29-hour workshop! :-)

29 hours is the amount of time stipulated by Actors Equity for these types of readings. Per Equity, "rehearsal hours are limited to a maximum of 15 hours (20 hours for musicals) for rehearsals and actual Reading(s), such times to be at the Actor’s convenience. If the total hours for the rehearsal(s) and Reading(s) extend beyond the specified number of hours previously listed, but no more than 29 hours, then each Equity Actor is to receive a stipend of $100.00 in addition to basic transportation
reimbursement. Should the combined rehearsal/Reading hours for the Reading extend beyond 29, then the production must be placed on a Staged Reading Contract."

http://actorsequity.org/docs/codes/Stag ... elines.pdf

Hope this helps!
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

.... One of the best things about this "Discussion Forum" is that so many of the participants bring to it a wealth of knowledge on many of the topics addressed. ...... I've often thought it would be great if Burt - or - one of "his people" could post something occasionally on those topics that promote endless speculation. .... Just sayin'