"Finder of Lost Loves" version Warwick/Vandross released

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Downtown

"Finder of Lost Loves" version Warwick/Vandross released

Post by Downtown »

Finally, Arista or whoever owns that label's catalogue nowadays is starting to release extended versions of Dionne's 1980s albums. The long-rumored duet with Luther Vandross on the BB title track of the "Finder of Lost Loves" album is included. Apparantly, for contractual reasons Luther was later replaced by Glenn Jones.

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. No One In The World
2. Without Your Love
3. Run To Me (Duet with Barry Manilow)
4. Finder of Lost Loves (Duet with Glenn Jones)
5. Love Doesn't Live Here Anymore
6. It's You (Duet with Stevie Wonder)
7. It's Love
8. Bedroom Eyes
9. Weakness (Duet with Stevie Wonder)
10. You Made Me Want To Love Again
Disc: 2
1. Broken Bottles (Un-Released)
2. Dangerous (Demo Version, Un-Released)
3. Finder of Lost Loves (Duet with Luther Vandross, Un-Released)
4. Finder of Lost Loves (Luther Vandross Backing Vocals, Un-Released)
5. No One in the World (Alternate Version, Un-Released)
6. Without Your Love (7" Version)
7. Run To Me (7" Version)
8. It's Love (7" Version)
9. Bedroom Eyes (Alternate Version, Un-Released)
10. No One in the World (Instrumental, Un-Released)
11. Run to Me (Instrumental, Un-Released)
12. It's Love (Instrumental, Un-Released)
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: "Finder of Lost Loves" version Warwick/Vandross released

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Thanks Downtown for the thrilling news! I also want to pass along some additional related news that I read from two (2) other sites (The Second Disc and Funky Town Grooves): In addition to the one you mentioned, there are two (2) more Arista expanded reissues: "No Night So Long" and "How Many Times Can We Say Good By". The former one was reissued by Expansion Records in 2010 with 3 (three) "new" bonus tracks. This current one by FTG (Funky Town Grooves) dropped those 3 (three) bonus tracks but added 4 (four) "new" never-before-heard bonus tracks. I have the 2010 reissue and am going to get the FTG one making a total of 7 (seven) bonus tracks from 2 (two) reissues of the same title. One comment from The Second Disc site said FTG will have a total of five (5!) expanded reissues complete wiith previously unreleased bonus tracks from Arista. Track listings for the other two (2) reissues can be found on the aforementioned sites. I'm especially excited about the two (2) Dionne/Luther versions of the title track since I read in an interview where Dionne denies ever recording it with Luther—just Glenn. Never in my dreams did I think there would be so many "vaulted" songs being released all at once. This Forum and its contributors, such as yourself Downtown, makes my next moment possible!
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Just makes you wonder just how much more unreleased material still remains in those "mysterious vaults"! ....... I still recall the Dionne/Luther version of "Finder Of Lost Loves" on that short lived TV show with both names appearing in the show's credits. ..... Don't understand how Dionne was quoted as stating that the only recording she did was with Glenn Jones and never with Luther! ........ Only the Glenn Jones/Warwick version was released on Dionne's album "Finder Of Lost Loves" and subsequent compilations. ........ Check out the compelling live solo version of this song on YouTube by Dionne. This was recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in the UK back in 1985. ........ SORRY - For some reason I can not get the link to work - simply go to YouTube and enter: Dionne Warwick Finder of Lost Loves
BachtoBacharach

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Those of us who were around in 1984-1985 may recall that the tune "Finder of Lost Loves" was from the Aaron Spelling produced television series of the same name and Dionne and Luther did indeed perform the tune for the title track of the series. For whatever reason, the tune was rerecorded with Glenn Jones for the "Finder of Lost Loves' album and for single release.
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Speaking of Glenn, shortly after that sterling duet, he continued his association with Burt's music having recorded "Love Will Show Us How" (Burt Bacharach/David Foster/Michael Jay) which was from the 1986 album titled "Take It From Me". If you haven't heard this gem, please check it out. Wish Dionne would have included him on the forthcoming "Feels So Good", due for release on the 28th.
Downtown

Post by Downtown »

I hope Dionne's original version of "On My Own" form the "Friends" sessions with Burt will be included in a future extended release of that album. Nothing has been announced yet.

And the full set of jazz versions Dionne recorded with Arif Mardin for the Cole Porter album. Only "Night and Day" has been released in both versions but a complete jazz album was recorded.