A Bacharachonline concert first

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

A Bacharachonline concert first

Post by nowmedical »

I am writing this from the second row of Burt's Edinburgh concert tonight. Don't think anyone's done an in-concert post to date!
Alistair

Re: A Bacharachonline concert first

Post by Alistair »

How was it? Would have loved to have gone, but it was a bit soon after Burt's last Edinburgh visit to the same venue.
Alistair
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

I'm really sorry but I did one Oct 27 2012 at the Dallas House of Blues.....

David... (but it probably doesn't count for 'special reasons')
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Nope, you weren't in the audience you were in the Green Room no doubt. Eliza is looking radiant may I say and clearly enjoyed the company of the leader of the orchestra at Edinburgh (first violin) on her right who looked about 18 years old.
Me and Burt did a swap holiday this year - I took the family to LA (his home) in July while Burt was in London (my home); stayed at Shutters very nice, took a drive past Burt's house in the Palisades. But I bet he didn't bother driving past my house in Ealing.....
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

Well, Ms. Eliza is in Hong Kong with Anka....
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.