3 unissued Bacharach & Russell songs for Glen Campbell

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Davide Bonori

3 unissued Bacharach & Russell songs for Glen Campbell

Post by Davide Bonori »

Just discovered a mistake in Burt biography: in his book Burt tell he wrote songs with Bobby Russell that were recorded by Glen Campbell after the split with Carole.
But I discovered a Glenn Campbell session at Hollywood Sound Recorder, Hollywood, CA, the 6 May 1974. He recorded the following unissued songs:
516 91325 I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED
517 91326 US
518 91327 PEACHES DON'T GROW ON CHERRY TREES
I hope that we will able to find the songs in some Glen Campbell hidden gems collection!
Blair N. Cummings

Re: 3 unissued Bacharach & Russell songs for Glen Campbell

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

"Us" has been recorded two or three times including Burt himself on Futures. The other two are unknown to me but I hope they`re not more camp "death songs" like "Charlie" and the immortal (irony intended) "Honey".
Davide Bonori

Post by Davide Bonori »

Blair, a Tom Jones version of US is avaiable on cd. Bobby VInton sung Charlie in his 1975 LP (not so difficult to find). And, about "Honey", what song are you referring for? I know "Wild Honey" a Bacharach & David recorded by Cathy Carr.
Davide
Blair N. Cummings

Remember - You asked for it:
Davide Bonori

Post by Davide Bonori »

Ops ... I haven't really understood what you means with "death songs". And yes "honey" and "Charlie" are absolutly that kind of songs!
Blair N. Cummings

As a final clarification of all this, Bobby Russell had nothing to do with "Us". The lyrics were provided by Neil Simon for the never-produced movie version of Promises, Promises. Maybe this song was just recorded during the sessions that did feature the other two Bacharach/Russell collaborations.
Davide Bonori

Post by Davide Bonori »

Blair, "Seconds" is the Bacharach & Simon song for the never-produced movie version of Promises, Promises. "Us" is absolutely a Bacharach & Russell song.
Blair N. Cummings

You`re absolutely right. I always associate them because they`re both on Futures.
Or my seniority is taking a toll at last.