Dionne recording Hal's final song with Melissa Manchester

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Downtown

Dionne recording Hal's final song with Melissa Manchester

Post by Downtown »

Melissa posted this on FB about an hour ago:

"Just came from the most amazing time in the studio. Recorded a duet with the legendary Dionne Warwick, a song I co-wrote with the legendary Hal David. Turned out it was his last lyric. I have loved Dionne since I was a young teenager. I am THRILLED and honored beyond words. Here's a photo of Dionne, co-producerTerry Wollman and me. Bliss!!!xoM"
Attachments
1491657_647930018575499_360284515_n.jpg
1491657_647930018575499_360284515_n.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: Dionne recording Hal's final song with Melissa Mancheste

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Thanks Downtown for sharing the info and pic! I just want to mention that the co-producer Terry Wollman is an exceptional guitarist/musician as well. I bought one of his CD's years ago titled "Say Yes" which features sterling performances by Michael McDonald ("Our Love") and Joe Sample on keyboards. I bought it on a whim and so glad I did! All of the tracks on it are truly inspiring! Can't wait to see what he does with Melissa and Dionne. Hope it will be featured on Dionne's forthcoming "Feels So Good".
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Dionne recording Hal's final song with Melissa Mancheste

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Whatever happened to Melissa Manchester? What I mean is this: She had a great voice and had a number of hits many, many years ago. And then she dropped out of sight. At least to me she dropped out of sight, because I never read or saw anything about her for years and years. She had a wonderful voice back then, that's for sure.