Burt to headline festival in Oxford, Aug 2014

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

Burt to headline festival in Oxford, Aug 2014

Post by nowmedical »

I've just received the perhaps suprising news that Burt is a headline act at the forthcoming Wilderness Festival in Oxford UK, 7-10 Aug 2014.

Are there no limits?
blueonblue

Re: Burt to headline festival in Oxford, Aug 2014

Post by blueonblue »

Does the man ever rest ???

"blue"
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Burt's comments in quotes.

This summer, the legend that is Burt Bacharach returns to the British shore and in to Wilderness to perform his most loved songs and more. Bacharach needs little introduction. His mammoth career spans over 50 years of conquering the global charts, beginning in the 1950s when he began composing songs as a teenager.

Rising to the top ranks of industry’s heavyweights as both writer and producer, Bacharach sits alongside Bob Dylan, John Lennon and Paul Simon as an icon of pop music, the wordsmith behind unforgettable classics like Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head, Say A Little Prayer and Walk On By.

With a cupboard full of assorted awards, the undisputed king of smooth is heralded as a revolutionary that changed the musical landscape of the 20th century and we can’t wait to welcome him onto the Main Stage this summer.

“I’m thrilled to be coming back to the UK again to perform at Wilderness 2014. I’ve heard wonderful things about this festival and I’m looking forward to a great time in the Oxfordshire countryside”.
Take care;

Vincent
Alistair

Post by Alistair »

He's also playing the Edinburgh Playhouse on the 30th July!
Alistair
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

vincent.cole wrote:Burt's comments in quotes.

This summer, the legend that is Burt Bacharach returns to the British shore and in to Wilderness to perform his most loved songs and more. Bacharach needs little introduction. His mammoth career spans over 50 years of conquering the global charts, beginning in the 1950s when he began composing songs as a teenager.

Rising to the top ranks of industry’s heavyweights as both writer and producer, Bacharach sits alongside Bob Dylan, John Lennon and Paul Simon as an icon of pop music, the wordsmith behind unforgettable classics like Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head, Say A Little Prayer and Walk On By.

With a cupboard full of assorted awards, the undisputed king of smooth is heralded as a revolutionary that changed the musical landscape of the 20th century and we can’t wait to welcome him onto the Main Stage this summer.

“I’m thrilled to be coming back to the UK again to perform at Wilderness 2014. I’ve heard wonderful things about this festival and I’m looking forward to a great time in the Oxfordshire countryside”.
Read above where it says about Burt: ".... the wordsmith behind unforgettable classics like Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head, Say A Little Prayer and Walk On By." Does the person who wrote this think that Burt wrote the lyrics to those songs?" It sounds that way to me and I find it pathetic that so-called professional writers can be so careless and amateurish.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Enormous,
Hal David will NEVER be forgotten !

"blue"
Jan R.

Post by Jan R. »

Obviously, more and more so-called journalists are not even able anymore to check wikipedia. Jeepers!