An idea and a request

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

An idea and a request

Post by mark »

Hi all. As some of you know, I'm the admin of this board and the webmaster of bacharachonline.com, which has been around since at least March 28, 1996.

https://web.archive.org/web/19970508113 ... arach.html

God. That was a long time ago. Anyway, for many years now I've struggled to keep the site up to date with Burt news, and now with an incredibly vivacious 17-month-old running around the house, that job is even tougher. It disappoints me to no end to see all the amazing Bacharach news and comments posted here and on Facebook and not have time to get that news up onto the website in a prompt fashion.

So here's the idea: I'm looking for contributors who'd like to post occasionally news items on the website's homepage. (http://bacharachonline.com/) I'm open to almost anything. It can be news about a new CD or musical, a link to a review, an article about or interview with Burt, a rare YouTube clip, news of upcoming performances for Burt or related artists, news about Dionne or Hal, etc. etc.

The site is WordPress based, so if you've ever published a blog, you'll get the hang of it in a hurry. To be honest, it's not much different from posting comments here in the discussion forum. The only difference would be trying to maintain a slightly newsier, slightly more objective tone for the homepage (as opposed to the opinionated tone that rules here in the discussion forum).

I'll maintain my admin role to deal with the technical aspects and I'll have the ability to edit or delete postings if somebody goes off the rails and posts something crazy, but I don't think that'll be a problem.

I guess I should also say that I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone. The site is not for profit. It generates a little revenue through an Amazon Affiliates program, but those funds go back into hosting expenses and domain registration. I'm certainly not making any money off the site.

If you think you might be interested in helping out (and there are a few of you that I'd love hear say yes to that question), let me know and I'll get in touch with you privately.

Thanks in advance!
Davide Bonori

Re: An idea and a request

Post by Davide Bonori »

Mark, with the new tool is it possible to update the discography? If so you can count on me!
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Yes, Davide! If you could update the discography, I'll be even more indebted to you than I already am. I'll pm you with the details.

Also, thanks to Blair Cummings for his first contribution!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

mark wrote:Yes, Davide! If you could update the discography, I'll be even more indebted to you than I already am. I'll pm you with the details.

Also, thanks to Blair Cummings for his first contribution!
Thanks, Blair. Good article to read. I'm looking forward to Burt's new songs with EC. And a new B'wy musical?? Tough... but let's hope so!
Rio

Post by Rio »

There are _two_ musicals (not counting Some Lovers), right?

Besides one based on Painted from Memory, there's one based on Austin Powers. As to the former, Costello said he is sticking to the lyrics, as it refers to new material. Haven't read much about the latter.