"Together?": Domestic release, finally!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

"Together?": Domestic release, finally!

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

On February 04, 2014 Real Gone Records (Dionne's "We Need To Go Back", "Complete Warner Bros. Singles) will re-issue this outstanding OST for the first time Stateside. Also, they have re-issued B. J. Thomas' "Scepter Singles", a comprehensive collection of 44 songs, of which 11 are previously unreleased. I just bought their re-issue of "The Alabama State Troupers" comprised of Don Nix, Jeanie Greene, Furry Lewis, and The Mt. Zion Band & Choir and the sound quality is excellent. Long live the CD!
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: "Together?": Domestic release, finally!

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I think that B J Thomas has one of the great pop voices of all time. Now, regarding his unreleased Scepter singles: Do you know if, amongst them, there are any Burt/Hal songs that have never been released?
nymusicalsguy

Re: "Together?": Domestic release, finally!

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Yes, the amazing team at Real Gone Music has finally made a domestic CD release of TOGETHER? happen!

Full disclosure: I'm incredibly proud to have been involved as the author of the CD's liner notes. Burt, Jackie and Paul have all kindly contributed their recollections, and I think everybody here will be pleased with this fantastic new release which has been remastered by the Grammy Award-winning engineer Mark Wilder.

You can find more details here at The Second Disc:

http://theseconddisc.com/2013/12/18/of- ... -revealed/

And the rest of Real Gone's line-up for the month (including a rare title from the Mamas and the Papas, the soundtrack to the groovy sci-fi cult musical TOOMORROW and the complete RCA albums of Paul Revere and the Raiders offshoot Brotherhood) is also impressive - and one title even has a Burt connection. RGM has A GROUP CALLED SMITH and MINUS-PLUS coming from the band Smith of "Baby It's You" fame. ("Baby It's You" is of course on the CD!) Check 'em out, discerning Bacharach fans!

Best,

Joe