"Together?": Domestic release, finally!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

"Together?": Domestic release, finally!

Postby Bruce Bernard Williams » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:50 am

On February 04, 2014 Real Gone Records (Dionne's "We Need To Go Back", "Complete Warner Bros. Singles) will re-issue this outstanding OST for the first time Stateside. Also, they have re-issued B. J. Thomas' "Scepter Singles", a comprehensive collection of 44 songs, of which 11 are previously unreleased. I just bought their re-issue of "The Alabama State Troupers" comprised of Don Nix, Jeanie Greene, Furry Lewis, and The Mt. Zion Band & Choir and the sound quality is excellent. Long live the CD!

An Enormous BB Fan

Re: "Together?": Domestic release, finally!

Postby An Enormous BB Fan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:05 pm

I think that B J Thomas has one of the great pop voices of all time. Now, regarding his unreleased Scepter singles: Do you know if, amongst them, there are any Burt/Hal songs that have never been released?

nymusicalsguy

Re: "Together?": Domestic release, finally!

Postby nymusicalsguy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:52 am

Yes, the amazing team at Real Gone Music has finally made a domestic CD release of TOGETHER? happen!

Full disclosure: I'm incredibly proud to have been involved as the author of the CD's liner notes. Burt, Jackie and Paul have all kindly contributed their recollections, and I think everybody here will be pleased with this fantastic new release which has been remastered by the Grammy Award-winning engineer Mark Wilder.

You can find more details here at The Second Disc:

http://theseconddisc.com/2013/12/18/of- ... -revealed/

And the rest of Real Gone's line-up for the month (including a rare title from the Mamas and the Papas, the soundtrack to the groovy sci-fi cult musical TOOMORROW and the complete RCA albums of Paul Revere and the Raiders offshoot Brotherhood) is also impressive - and one title even has a Burt connection. RGM has A GROUP CALLED SMITH and MINUS-PLUS coming from the band Smith of "Baby It's You" fame. ("Baby It's You" is of course on the CD!) Check 'em out, discerning Bacharach fans!

Best,

Joe

Return to “The Burt Bacharach Forum”