Nice Write-Up of New Bacharach Revue

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Nice Write-Up of New Bacharach Revue

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

The Times likes "What`s It All About": http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/06/theat ... =arts&_r=0
Rio

Re: Nice Write-Up of New Bacharach Revue

Post by Rio »

Have you guys been following this? Reviews have been rather favorable. I'm sooo happy for Burt. He seems to be delighted. Apparently some earlier attempts butchered his songs. Burt and his work obviously deserve the best possible treatment that the most talented and hardworking people can possibly offer.
And hopefully a new audience will want to go to the original arrangements for Dionne and other artists, as well as his instrumental versions. I will never cease to be in awe at his arrangements. They drive me nuts. I just feel so bad that I can't really share this with someone physically close to me. How I wish some of us could get together and listen to these songs and talk about what we are listening!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

It's like hearing all those great songs for the first time....

"blue"
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Defying all of my expectations, this does seem very good. I`m going to be back in town just in time to miss its limited run. (My live music will be Christian McBride`s band at the Vanguard).
There`s no money in a DVD or CD of this, but maybe some clandestine clips will appear on YouTube after the show closes.