I'll Never Fall In Love Again sung by Angie

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

steveo_1965

I'll Never Fall In Love Again sung by Angie

Post by steveo_1965 »

Don't know if this has been brought up before, cause the board here has existed a long time..
Recently, a number I remember appeared in part on Youtube...with Angie Dickinson(Burt's former wife) performing one of his song's "I'll NEver FAll In Love Again"(the Dean Martin Show-1968)...she speaks about it in part of an interview on youtube at around 1:29

Partial clip of Angie singing the number on Dean MArtin:

Last edited by steveo_1965 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pljms

Re: I'll Never Fall In Love Again sung by Angie

Post by pljms »

She also sang the song in a duet with Burt on a TV special they co-hosted in early 1970, something I've yet to see on Youtube. I have the show on an 'unofficial' DVD.
Paul
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Has there ever been a more glamorous couple....

"blue"
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Blue,
Thanks for the information and the link...I remember this commercial. Hope you are doing well!
Best,
Steveo
pljms

Post by pljms »

The show that featured Angie & Burt's duet of 'I'll Never Fall in Love Again' was 'Live From Hollywood Palace' and was broadscast on the evening of Sunday January the 10th 1970. As I said in the earlier message, they co-hosted the show and among the guests were Dusty Springfield and the jockey Willie Shoemaker, apparently a close friend of theirs at the time. I can't say that either of them looked particularly at ease during the duet which featured Burt at the piano and Angie standing over him and he visibly winces when he messes up the pneumonia rhyme by singing "you" instead of "ya". Well, it was going out live to around 10 million homes!
Paul
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

pljms,
Thanks for the info, I've never seen this performance....sounds great !

Meanwhile, Burt and Willie try to pick a winner....
http://thumbs1.picclick.com/d/w500/pict ... eading.jpg

"blue"
PS
Steveo, all the best to you !