San Diego Concert

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Chip

San Diego Concert

Post by Chip »

Burt's concert tonight was unlike any other I have ever seen..having been to several with the San Diego Orchestra and his Valentines Day gig at the Belly Up. It was like being invited to his house to listen to his music. He was so happy..given that all of his kids were there and Oliver playing with him,,he was just a proud papa tonite. His bantor with the audience was so personal and after a standing ovation and John Pagano doing Any Day Now it was over. But Burt really didn't want it to be over..he wanted to stay but he was out of time with the orchestra so it had to end there. Josie,Donna , John and Bill all sounded really good tonight and Oliver had a blast on the keyboards. And of course Dennis and Tom were sounding great also. This has and continues to be a great year for Burt and lets hope that we all have many more with him for a long time to come. It's like that person in the back of the audience shouted out.."We Love You Burt"....we all did. Take Care all...Chip
Alvina

Re: San Diego Concert

Post by Alvina »

Thanks so much for that review of the concert. I could not make it this year but thought of all you avid fans and hoped you had a great time. I love hearing from you all on here.
heartlight

Post by heartlight »

I could not agree with you more, Chip! Too bad you didn't post that you were going to attend; it's always fun meeting fellow Burt fans at concerts..I had the pleasure of sitting with Laura( undoubtedly the most-traveled Burt fan), Vincent ( resident VIP ), Dave a friend of Vincent's and Ron Hertel (with his usual wealth of knowledge). Alvina, we missed you !!!!

Burt was so engaging and charming; he looked fabulous and his voice was good. The audience really reacts whenever Burt begins to sing; it is hard to contain the " We love you, Burt" chants. The surprise of the evening was the appearance of Oliver playing keyboard for two songs. He was very poised and did a good job. It might not be the easiest thing to accompany The Maestro, even if he is your Dad. Bill Cantos played brilliantly "My Little Red Book" and gave it such life !John Josie, and Donna were excellent as always, but seemed to give their songs just a little extra that night. Of course, Burt's core musicians are unparalleled.

Enough of my gushing but definitely looking forward to more concerts before the end of the year.
Barbara
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Heartlight & Chip.

Yes it was a wonderful Burt Concert! But way to short though! Chip I was looking forward to meeting you before the show started. Heartlight & I attended the rehearsal which was great! Met a very nice couple name Sarah & Jacob. Heartlight & I got photos with some of the band members! Heartlight & I met Burt @ his limo and took a photo with Burt. Burt asked me was this my 100 photo. I told Burt it was 101 (lol)! I have lost track of the number of Burt Concert that I have attended over the decades!

After the concert was over, my friend Dave & I got to go backstage. Talked with Burt’s son Oliver and told him it must be a great thrill to play with his father! In addition spoke with Burt’s daughter Raleigh and asked her did she have any musical genes. She said no. I told her give it some time! Burt & I exchanged a few words. A couple backstage from ‘down under’ knew me. I am now infamous (lol). Burt’s music has a way of making the world smaller for all of us!

I need to get another Burt fix before the year is out!
Take care;

Vincent
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Some photos from the August 4, 2013 Concert.

These photos were taken after Burt's rehearsal, except the photo of Joise James, which was after the show.

I will add other photos later. The max I can load is 3 @ a time.
Attachments
Josie James San Diego.JPG
Josie James San Diego.JPG (92.91 KiB) Viewed 10807 times
Heartlight & Burt San Diego.JPG
Heartlight & Burt San Diego.JPG (127.65 KiB) Viewed 10807 times
Burt & Vincent San Diego.JPG
Burt & Vincent San Diego.JPG (133.41 KiB) Viewed 10807 times
Take care;

Vincent
Rio

Post by Rio »

Do you guys look cool or what?!
Delighted to see Burt -- wonderful as ever.

Thanks, Vincent!!
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Rio.

Did you notice Burt & I had Blue on Blue (lol)!

Some more photos.
Attachments
Heartlight & Dennis San Diego.JPG
Heartlight & Dennis San Diego.JPG (112.72 KiB) Viewed 10783 times
Donna & Vincent San Diego.JPG
Donna & Vincent San Diego.JPG (71.42 KiB) Viewed 10783 times
Donna & John San Diego.JPG
Donna & John San Diego.JPG (54.37 KiB) Viewed 10783 times
Take care;

Vincent
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

More photos.
Attachments
Dennis & Vincent San Diego.JPG
Dennis & Vincent San Diego.JPG (93.54 KiB) Viewed 10782 times
John & Vincent San Diego.JPG
John & Vincent San Diego.JPG (92.44 KiB) Viewed 10782 times
Heartlight & John San Diego.JPG
Heartlight & John San Diego.JPG (99.36 KiB) Viewed 10782 times
Take care;

Vincent
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

One more.
Attachments
Tom & Vincent San Diego.JPG
Tom & Vincent San Diego.JPG (103.65 KiB) Viewed 10781 times
Take care;

Vincent
superman7

Post by superman7 »

The surprise of the evening was the appearance of Oliver playing keyboard for two songs. He was very poised and did a good job. It might not be the easiest thing to accompany The Maestro, even if he is your Dad. Bill Cantos played brilliantly "My Little Red Book" and gave it such life !
Smile PleazZZZzzzZZZzzzz……