Stealing Burt.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Adam

Stealing Burt.

Post by Adam »

Gay Marriage Activists are using your song, 'What the world needs now', as their theme song, and failed to buy even one copy, much less secure the rights to play the song in public, and has been broadcast on the news during protest rallies, WITHOUT PAYING ROYALTIES.

This was started by Molly McKay, and every time she starts to sing the song it sounds like a horse is being murdered, and a third of the crowd leaves immediately. Not only is this bad for the Gay Marriage movement, but everybody who hears her murdering your song immediately starts to curse the name 'Burt Bacharach'. I can only imagine the drop in sales that you will receive after this goes nation wide and everybody on the planet hears her sing.

Molly is a rich lesbian lawyer in this fight to further her political career, and so not only can she afford to pay royalties for the use of your song, but as a lawyer she knows better than to break the law by stealing your song.
josh

Post by josh »

i wouldn't take it so seriously if i were you. don't you have more important things to worry about?