New "Dionne Sings Burt" CD with Rare Bacharach Song

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nymusicalsguy

New "Dionne Sings Burt" CD with Rare Bacharach Song

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my coverage of the recent (and expectedly terrific) PBS "My Music: Burt Bacharach's Best" broadcast as well as the accompanying CD available to PBS supporters, "Dionne Warwick Sings Burt Bacharach." As some of you here might know, this disc premieres the 1974 Bacharach/Russell song "And Then You Know What He Did" as recorded by Dionne, with Phil Ramone engineering, at Los Angeles' A&M Studios:

http://theseconddisc.com/2013/06/03/wha ... bacharach/

Best,

Joe
Downtown

Re: New "Dionne Sings Burt" CD with Rare Bacharach Song

Post by Downtown »

All unreleased DW Warner tracks will be released on a single album July 30th: "We Need To Go Back - The Unissued Warner Bros. Masters".

Including the BB compositions: "Plastic City", "He Walked Right Through the Door", "And Then You Know What He Did".

"Although Dionne Warwick released five albums and nearly a dozen singles for Warner Brothers during her five-year (1972-1977) stint with the label, a search through the tape vaults has uncovered a wealth of stellar unreleased masters whose rumored existence has tantalized collectors for decades. Now with its release of We Need to Go Back The Unissued Warner Bros. Masters, Real Gone Music has unearthed 19 rare treasures made with the involvement of some of the industry's top pop and soul producers. For instance, the title track is one of a pair of songs Dionne recorded with R&B songwriting duo Ashford & Simpson during a 1973 session. That same year, pop composer Randy Edelman ("Weekend In New England") joined with Warwick (and engineer Brooks Arthur) to wax a trio of tunes never-before-heard until now. From Dionne's album sessions come an array of outstanding outtakes with Thom Bell, Holland-Dozier-Holland , Steve Barri & Michael Omartian and Jerry Ragovoy. There are also a whopping five recordings for a never-completed 1976 album with producer Joe Porter (Gladys Knight & The Pips). But perhaps the most tantalizing discovery is three previously unreleased Burt Bacharach creations (penned with Neil Simon and Bobby Russell and engineered by Phil Ramone) that the maestro produced in 1974: "He Walked Right Through the Door," "And Then You Know What He Did" and "Plastic City." Fascinating, rare and essential, with notes by Paul Howes that featuring quotes from Dionne herself!"
Downtown

Post by Downtown »

Track Listings
1. Too Far Out of Reach
2. You Hurt Me So
3. Give A Little Laughter
4. You Are the Sunlight and I Am the Moon
5. The Laughter & the Tears
6. We Need To Go Back
7. Someone Else Gets The Prize
8. And Then You Know What He Did
9. Plastic City
10. He Walked Right Through the Door
11. Meant to Be
12. One Last Memory
13. I Found Someone Else
14. Make a Little Love to Me
15. Am I Too Late?
16. Rest Your Love on Me
17. I'll Never Make It Easy
18. Keep Me Warm
19. Room Enough
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Dear Downtown, Thank you for the track listing for this new cd. I'm a great fan of the wonderful Randy Edelman. "Prime Cuts" is one of my treasured cd's and "I Am The Sunlight, You Are The Moon" is one of 10 memorable songs on that cd. Can't wait to hear how Ms. Warwick sounds in this collaboration!
Available for pre-order on Amazon, I see. Thanks, again.