Bacharach & Russell songs for Glen Campbell

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Davide Bonori

Bacharach & Russell songs for Glen Campbell

Post by Davide Bonori »

In his book Burt tell that - after the split with Carole he wrote songs with Bobby Russell that were recorded by Glen Campbell. I've never heard about them. And I Wasn't able to find those songs.
Blair N. Cummings

Re: Bacharach & Russell songs for Glen Campbell

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

In any half-competent bio, these songs would have been named along with the album on which they appeared. My best guess is that the recordings were simply unissued and lie in the vault of whatever entertainment conglomerate was recording Campbell at the time.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Blair & Davide
For as long as I can remember - I've read numerous accounts of recordings being relegated to the vaults of whatever entertainment conglomerate an artist was contracted to at the time. ........ From time to time these are finally added as "bonus tracks" on reissued products or compilation releases. ... Hopefully these Bacharach / Russell / Campbell tracks will see the light of day as Campbell's career is winding down as a result of his illness. .......... Taking into account what may be the "pending demise" of the cd as a vehicle for their release - perhaps this may happen sooner rather than later.
Ron
Davide Bonori

Post by Davide Bonori »

Ron, I think that you are right. I was trying to find the songs because Burt, in the book, wrote "the songs themselves were okay but none of them ever became hits". But Glen Campbell discography is on the web: no new Bacharach songs in his cds ...
And yes Blair, for huge fans the book is strange: a lot of personal information, few words about the music. The collaboration with John Bettis isn't in the book. Tonio K appears only about At this time. Butch Cassidy is credited as Burt third ost (and After the fox). No words for all the exploitation songs, unreleased musical etc.