New Bacharach Box Set On The Way!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nymusicalsguy

New Bacharach Box Set On The Way!

Post by nymusicalsguy »

If you can pull yourself away from Burt's new book today, do check out our news of an accompanying 6-CD box set at The Second Disc:

http://theseconddisc.com/2013/05/07/don ... n-six-cds/

The box, from Universal U.K. - with a 2-CD version available in the U.S. and a different 2-CD highlights version available in the U.K. - is due in early June to coincide with the British release of ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART.

Enjoy, all! -

Joe
Spanishcitadel

Re: New Bacharach Box Set On The Way!

Post by Spanishcitadel »

I wish we could hear "Night Plane to Heaven" .. his first song.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

For those on the fence about Universal U.K.'s new ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART: THE ART OF THE SONGWRITER 6-CD box set, I hope you'll check out my review at The Second Disc - and join in the discussion!:

http://theseconddisc.com/2013/06/17/rev ... r-box-set/

Best,

Joe
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

There's some dreadful typos in the book that accompanies the box set - eg. "Beneath The Overpass" !!!

Not up to Burt's meticulous standards.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

I detail a number of the errors (both typographical and otherwise) in my review, above, but how about this one: Tommy Sands' "Love in a Goldfish BOWEL"??

Burt and his legacy deserve better, but it's particularly a shame because this box set had the potential to be a definitive assessment of his remarkable career.