2 CD Live album availability

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

2 CD Live album availability

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I can`t seem to find a copy (or download) of the full-length concert album from a couple years back. Does anyone know where I might still snag one?
Thanks!
GehVorbei

Re: 2 CD Live album availability

Post by GehVorbei »

Was there a 2 CD deluxe version of the "Live at the Sydney Opera House" album? Must have missed that one, only got the single CD version...
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

This import version should be the one you're looking for:

It's 2 discs, 23 tracks on one disc and 17 on another, for a total of 40 tracks. Of course, Amazon has this incorrect in both the description (38) and the track listing (32) but this edition as pictured is the 2-CD version. I ordered my copy from the Music Shop in Australia when it was first released; that seller is still selling it on Amazon (for $29.99 as of this writing). Amazon itself appears to have this edition for $17.09.

Hope this helps!

Joe
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Mr. Blair,

It's always good to have the CDs, but if patience is "small" this album can be purchased and downloaded on the website http://www.7digital.com. See the link below:

http://www.7digital.com/artist/burt-bac ... ra-house-2

Best regards.
Djalma Jr
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

You need the 2CD edition that contains a "new-ish" Bacharach instrumental
called... "For The Children"......great concert !

"blue"
Blair N. Cummings

Thanks for all of the suggesions but I can only find the single disc edition. I guess the "special edition" is sold out and out of print.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Not sure whether you want to order from Australia, Blair, but if you do, you should be able to order the 2-CD "complete," 40-track edition from The Music Shop (an Australian merchant) at the Amazon link provided above.

Best,

Joe
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

I've only got the single-CD version - can anyone tell me what extra tracks are on the 2-CD version?

Thanks
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Hi,

The double-disc edition has the following three tracks, not available on the single-disc:

1. For the Children - an instrumental by Burt. Runs for appr 11 mins.

2. Fallin' Out of Love - written by Burt, Jerry Leiber and Jed Leiber. Vocals by Donna Taylor.

3. Who'll Speak for Love - written by Burt and Tim Rice. Vocals by Josie James.

For a very limited time, these tracks were available as a bonus disc with the single-disc release. In the double-disc edition they appear in the order they were played at the concert.

Regards,
Martyn
Blair N. Cummings

Thanks again to all; I went with the Australian dealer.
Amazon seems utterly clueless that there are (were?) two different editions of this thing, causing unnecessary confusion for all.
Thanks, Joe.
Blair N. Cummings

I just received an e-mail from the Music Shop in Australia notifying me that their stock has been depleted and that they cannot buy any more. This is similar to a message I got from CD Universe when I tried a while back to order this through them.
In short, it looks as though the full-length recording is out of print.
By the way, Djalma, the site you provided is restricted to UK residents. I`m in the northeast US. Thanks anyway.