New concert dates

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

Re: New concert dates

Post by blueonblue »

The same thing happened at Liverpool in July 2002... standing ovation after standing ovation !
Magic moments !

"blue"
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Hi Laura and everyone,
Tickets have just gone on sale to the general public for Burt's London concert at 10am
this morning.....hurry, they are selling fast !

"blue"
JR

Post by JR »

It doesn’t seem that long ago Burt Bacharach and band performed at the Keswick Theater in Glenside Pa, a charming suburb of Phila, a venue that seats 1300. That evening Burt even conducted a Q&A session post concert. A few days afterward someone remarked on this forum upon arriving he encountered Burt along one of the side streets leaning against his car wearing a sweat suit talking on a cell phone. He thought it was so cool that Burt took a moment to exchange a friendly hello and handshake. The venues have changed but the man is still the same genuine person.
knutarvid

Post by knutarvid »

To upcomming BB conserts in Norway announced here yesterday :) The Grieg hall in Bergen at the Norwegian westcoast 17th of June and in Oslo 18th of June at Folketeateret (city center).
harrymcc

Post by harrymcc »

Just got tickets to the Vegas concert -- the seventh (?) time I've seen Bacharach in concert, but the first in a long time.
Jongky

Post by Jongky »

Laura wrote:Hi David,

Any unofficial news on the concert in London? I have not seen it yet on the Royal Festival Hall South Bank Centre web site. I have concert tickets for Glasgow and Edinburgh, but I'm waiting for London to go on sale before I get my airline ticket.

Thanks for any news you can share.
Laura

Wow, where you from Laura that you have to purchase an airline ticket?
Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Jongky,

I live in Crownsville, Maryland, USA, about 25 miles south of Baltimore. I'm flying from Baltimore to London and returning from Glasgow. Looking forward to the concerts!

Laura
someonenameddavid

Sweden!!!!

Post by someonenameddavid »

New concert in Sweden June 14: http://st.nu/noje/tt/1.5632948-burt-bac ... till-malmo

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.