Lonnie Sattin Demos

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

kyleburke

Lonnie Sattin Demos

Post by kyleburke »

If anyone has or knows anywhere I might obtain copies of the "The Hurting Kind" and "Something Bad" I would appreciate hearing from you. I have a few significant rarities to offer in return. Thanks!
ceejayford

Re: Lonnie Sattin Demos

Post by ceejayford »

I don't know how often you check this forum, but were you ever able to find the Lonnie Sattin songs, The Hurtin' Kind (I found it on YouTube, but I'd love to add it to my collection) and/or Something Bad? I am trying to collect the songs as stated in "Song by Song" and am finding luck on many, but can't find either of the aforementioned. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Both of these are available on "Burt Bacharach Vintage Sixties" a two disc vinyl on the Aberbach Group label, released in 1970.

Record 1 Side 1: Baby It's You, It's Love that Really Counts, Don't You Believe It, If I Never Get To Love You, I Wake Up Cryin', the Answer To Everything
Record 1 Side 2: Any Day Now, Waitin' For Charlie to Come Home, Let (Make) The Music Play, Another Tear Falls, Mexican Divorce, Keep Away From Other Girls

Record 2 Side 1: (Don't Go) Please Stay, Reach Out For Me, I Forgot What It Was Like, More time to Be With You, Forgive Me, the Hurtin' Kind
Record 2 Side 2: (There's) Always Something There To Remind Me, I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself, Loneliness Or Happiness, A Sinner's Devotin, Magic Potion, Something Bad

Vocals by The Shirelles, Dionne Warwick, other unnamed vocalists (no singer credits are given, so I'm assuming that's Lonnie Satin on those two songs).
ceejayford

Post by ceejayford »

Oh my, it's been a while since I've looked back - I'm a teacher and I'm doing all my "song gathering" during my summers. Thank you for the information. I'm trying to find the album, but it doesn't seem to be available through Amazon or iTunes. I'll keep searching. Has anyone else compiled the songbook as recorded in "Song by Song" written by Serene Dominic? I'm still working on it!