????? new Burt's CD????????

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Roberto Pinardi

????? new Burt's CD????????

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

http://www.nctimes.com/entertainment/mu ... 3485a.html

?????????????????????????????????????

Ciao
Bye
Roberto
someonenameddavid

Re: ????? new Burt's CD????????

Post by someonenameddavid »

my guess is that it has a lot of really good violin on it... just a guess...

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I`m not getting excited yet. Remember Nikki Jean (no, I still don`t know her) being present at a session where Burt recorded their collaboration? And, well, Bernie Taupin? Really? A whole album? I want to know a LOT more before I begin anticipating anything.
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

I'm not getting the Nikki Jean reference...Are you questioning Nathan East, who has played on everything from "On My Own" to last year's "When Ronan Met Burt", as a credible source?

Bernie Taupin sounds like a fantastic collaborator to me...and that they are already recording is tremendous news. Hope we find out soon, who the vocalist is or who the vocalists are.
Blair N. Cummings

My point in the NJ reference was simply that, whatever he was up to, we never heard it.
I`m not questioning anyone`s veracity, but the mention was vague. It leaves open, to me, the possibility that Burt wrote as little as one song with Taupin and may simply have been seeing it through for ... who knows what singer.
Bernie Taupin is a clunking hack as a lyricist but if he inspired Burt, who cares?
All I said, after all, was that I wanted to know more.
Jeez.
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Mediamass reports today: "Rumors of Burt Bacharach working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape."
Blair N. Cummings

Well, maybe it`s time for an update from Burt`s "people."
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

In which case, over to you David......
someonenameddavid

Flattered as I am to be considered "one of Burt's people" I merely "see through a glass darkly" and generally don't offer information until it is found somewhere else on the net, like the Japan and Texas and Louisville gigs. I just knew to search for them a little earlier than most. Most of what has been said is probably true, but you have to filter it through the "nothing left to prove" idea: Burt is only going to issue what he feels is up to his standards, if it doesn't appear, well it failed quality control.

I really am not on any pedestal and have no special "in" with anyone except Eliza... But I did give Ms Donna and Ms Josie an impromptu lecture on Tropical and non-tropical parasites after the Dallas show.

(I suppose you didn't need to know that)

I keep on posting here to keep interest up.

You had all better buy his book when it comes out.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Burt and Bernie Taupin have already collaborated some years back on one song entitled 'When Love Survives," which has only seen release on a Warner/Chappell publishing demo of Bacharach songs. (There are many other unreleased titles from this demo disc including a song co-written with Dave Loggins and collaborations with Carole, Tonio K and John Bettis.) Can't wait to see what Burt and Taupin have in the offing for this new project.
someonenameddavid

You know what is really odd... or it is a small world... I was talking to a friend and, as discussions go, the sublect of Ms. Eliza in Hollywood came up, and this friend said... oh yes, my neice is married to a songwriter, Bernie Taupin, have you heard of him????
What are the odds...

David
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

someonenameddavid wrote:You know what is really odd... or it is a small world... I was talking to a friend and, as discussions go, the sublect of Ms. Eliza in Hollywood came up, and this friend said... oh yes, my neice is married to a songwriter, Bernie Taupin, have you heard of him????
What are the odds...

David
Do you feel comfortable asking your friend to ask his niece if Burt and Bernie will definitely be dropping a CD soon? Bernie's wife would be a pretty good source, I should think. :-)
someonenameddavid

It would be kind of dorky to "ask through the relatives"

David
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

There are varying degrees of "dorkiness" - David! ........ Perhaps you could say something along the lines of "Gee - Wouldn't it be nice if Burt and Bernie collaborated on a few tunes" .... That would be very low on the "dorky scale" and might result in a revelation of sorts! ..... Remember - all of us who are forum participants either speculate or do some detective work from time to time! ....... We need to know these things - right? ............ Thanks - and I hope you give it a shot David!