Burt Bacharach says Andy Williams was a 'natural' singer

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Burt Bacharach says Andy Williams was a 'natural' singer

Post by vincent.cole »

Blair N. Cummings

Re: Burt Bacharach says Andy Williams was a 'natural' singer

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Thanks for that, Vincent! Despite my reputation for nay-saying (aka "venom") and general eccentricity, I was a genuine fan of Andy. His effortless handling of "If I Could Go Back" made me think it had to have been oversight that he and Burt never worked more closely.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Blair;

Both Burt and Andy were contemporaries and it's interesting that they never worked together!

I agree with you on that Andy could of handle, some of the slower tempo songs of Burt & Hal.

Andy was a very good singer!

Take care;

Vincent
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Vincent, thank you for this link. On the multi-disc set, "The Best of The Andy Williams Show", Andy Williams, Burt Bacharach and the Raelettes (vocalists for Ray Charles) perform a medley of: "Alfie/Walk on By/Always Something There to Remind Me/The Look Of Love/I Say a Little Prayer/What the World Needs Now is Love". What a combination, an idea of what a Bacharach/Williams collaboration would be like on record. I believe this box set has been discussed before here.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

I hear what you're saying about the Bacharach/Williams possible interaction recordwise..and what could have been..
Burt did appear on Andy's show and they did songs together..it was a memorable episode..