June 22, 2012 Louisville KY Review

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

June 22, 2012 Louisville KY Review

Post by vincent.cole »

Star Date: Friday, June 22, 2012

Place: “Freedom Hall (Louisville Kentucky)”

Time: 7:00 P.M.

Super Nova: Mr. Burt Bacharach (The Silver Fox)”

“Prelude”

Bach, Beethoven, Brahms and then there is Bacharach! Burt is the 4th “B” in the line of great composers! Interesting that all four of them are from German ancestry. It must be something in the water in the Rhine (lol).

“Jeanne’s sentiments are express below”

Burt Bacharach's performance at the RV Rally in Louisville, KY was spectacular! Not only were the group of fans like Vincent, Laura, Tyler (husband) and myself from the northern states treated to the extraordinary voices of Donna Taylor, John Pagano and Josie James but so were thousands of southern RVers "Burt-en-ized" ® by the songs performed by our favorite composer. As always, Mr. Bacharach's arrangements were perfectly executed by his musicians. The beautiful instrumental, 'Etta’s Theme' was performed by Tom Ehlen on trumpet and Dennis Wilson on saxophone. Among the many highlighted songs that evening were 'Any Day Now', 'Anyone Who Had a Heart', 'Close To You' and 'My Little Red Book’, ‘Are You There with another Girl.’

Burt Bacharach's exceptional music and Hal David's incredible lyrics performed by outstanding vocalists and musicians made for one memorable concert!

“My Highlights”

Well I can’t add to much more to Jeanne’s comments, except one item she left out. Every once in a Blue Moon, Burt will take something out of his amazing archive of songs that were recorded over a ½ Century ago. I am talking about the song, by Etta James, ‘Waiting for Charlie to Come Home.’ This was release in March of 1962. Who took this song to the Cosmos, was none other than Ms. Kentucky Blue Bird herself, Donna Taylor! If you don’t know it, Donna Taylor is from Louisville Kentucky. Etta James would have been very proud of Donna’s rendition of this classic song!

“Epilogue & Backstage”

When the show was over, I told Donna Taylor I really enjoyed the song, ‘Waiting for Charlie to Come Home!’ She indicated to me that she was a little nervous because her family was in the audience (between 15 & 20 people). I told Donna I did not notice anything & hope this song will be included in the August 5, 2012 show in San Diego! If so, the audience will be in for a real treat!

As always the icing on the cake is getting backstage to meet Burt & his wonderful core group! I gave a Burt an envelope with a letter and some photos I took over the years with him & me. Burt and his band members took photos with us! I sent a few photos to Mark who runs the website. There is a great photo of Burt & Jeanne, with her Burt Pocketbook! Not to mention a great photo of Jeanne & John Pagano! The person to the left with the dumb look on his face is me (lol)! I forgot to mention, that ‘Bonkersforburt’ and her daughter and son were @ the concert

San Diego is about 4 weeks away. My bags are already packed!

Take care;

Vincent
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: June 22, 2012 Louisville KY Review

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Thanks for the reviews Vincent (and Jeanne). I wish I could have been there as well.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Enormous BB Fan;

It was a great concert and backstage!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Chip

Post by Chip »

Vincent..i grew up as a kid playing Burts songs and have been following him for several years..most memorable being the Belly Up concert and with the San Diego Pops having great seats for both. Would love to meet Burt in person and know you are his Number One Fan. Any possibility you can get me together with Burt for a picture ? I will be at the concert August 5th..sitting in ChampF Row 112 Seat 4...Thanks..Chip
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Chip;

It’s interesting that you think I am Burt’s # 1 fan! Believe me there are many other fans way ahead of me! About meeting Burt, I have no control over this! Yes I have been fortunate to have met Burt so many times! My suggestion if you can’t get backstage and meet Burt is; try to find his Limo.

In any event, I will be sitting in ChampJ Table 108. Maybe we can meet before the concert!

Take care;

Vincent
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Sorry for my delay, but here are some of Vincent's photos from Louisville. Thanks Vincent! Great photos!
Attachments
Burt-Vincent-June 22-2012-2_web.jpg
Burt-Vincent-June 22-2012-2_web.jpg (26.7 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
June 2012 KY-Backstage_web.jpg
June 2012 KY-Backstage_web.jpg (27.46 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
KY-Burt-Vincent-6-22-2012_web.jpg
KY-Burt-Vincent-6-22-2012_web.jpg (19.93 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
Burt-Jeanne-June 22-2012-2_web.jpg
Burt-Jeanne-June 22-2012-2_web.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
June 2012 KY Jeanne-John_web.jpg
June 2012 KY Jeanne-John_web.jpg (25.15 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
June 2012 KY Burt-Vincent_web.jpg
June 2012 KY Burt-Vincent_web.jpg (23.28 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
June 2012 KY Burt-Jeanne_web.jpg
June 2012 KY Burt-Jeanne_web.jpg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
June 22-2012 KY Laura-Burt_web.jpg
June 22-2012 KY Laura-Burt_web.jpg (26.37 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
June 22-2012 KY John-Josie-Vincent-Donna_web.jpg
June 22-2012 KY John-Josie-Vincent-Donna_web.jpg (29.91 KiB) Viewed 10692 times
An Enormous BB Fan

Hey, Vincent! Those pictures are so cool of you and your BB (Best Buddy) Mr. BB! It looked like he was asking for YOUR autograph there! And are you sure that you're not on tour with them?? You look more a part of the tour than John Pagano!! :-) You certainly have been Burt-enized. Well done, mon ami!
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

EBBF:
Those certainly are great photos from Louisville! ........ Looking forward to seeing Vincent here in San Diego in early August and will make an attempt to get HIS autograph just like Burt apparently did! ........... Vincent should be an "Honorary Member" of the Burt Bacharach Touring Company!
Ron
jeffwilson

Post by jeffwilson »

hey guys new member here.talkin about backstage with burt and getting his autograph.well what i have is letters dating back to march 1965 when angie d.first meets burt.excellent content.WOW.SPECIFIC DETAILS with regards to the very same content of his upcoming memiores... dione warwik hal david,
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour EBBF & Ron;

No Burt did not ask for my autograph (lol)! What would he do with it anyway! Ron, I might ask for your autograph on the check when we have dinner Monday night (lol)! Remember don't leave home without your American Express card (lol)!

EBBF, the only way I could travel in Burt's crowd is to be a roadie! I think there is a very long line for this position (lol)!

Believe me, John Pagano has nothing yo worry about! I can't even 'Tuna a Fish (lol)'!

EBBF, don't forget, we have to get in a couple of rounds of Golf this year!

Ron, will see you Sunday @ the concert!

Take care mon ami's

Vincent
An Enormous BB Fan

vincent.cole wrote:Bonjour EBBF & Ron;

EBBF, don't forget, we have to get in a couple of rounds of Golf this year!
LaTourette or South Shore on Labor Day weekend?