Problems registering or accessing your account?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

Problems registering or accessing your account?

Post by mark »

UPDATE: Okay, I think I finally have the board's registration function working properly. There's now a super difficult question you need to answer in order to prove you're a real person and not a spambot. Hopefully, that will help keep spam off the board and enable everybody who's interested in the site to access it immediately without having to wait for my approval.

I tested it a couple of times and it seems to be working, but if you have any problems registering or with accessing your account, please email me at webmaster@bacharachonline.com and I'll try to take care of it.

Sorry for any trouble and thanks for understanding!

-Mark
Djalma Junior

Re: Problems registering or accessing your account?

Post by Djalma Junior »

Mr. Mark,
No problems!

Best regards!
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Mark;

Hope everything is going well with you!

I try sending you photos from Louisville Burt Concert. For some reason your email is not working? Do you have another email address I can send the photos to?

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Take care;

Vincent
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Dear Mark!

What is happening with the site?
These days when I access it whenever this message appears in the figure below?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Djalma Junior.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Hi Djalma,

Sorry for all the downtown lately! It's not my fault! The main Bacharach site is built on WordPress, and as best as I can determine it, there are bots that target WordPress sites with brute force attacks to try to hack their login credentials. The bots will attempt to log in using thousands of different username password combinations in the hope that the administrator chose something simple. With thousands and thousands of login attempts in a short period, these bots attacks slow down every site on the server, so when they happen, my host has been suspending my site, which forces me to contact tech support and request that it be unsuspended. It's very frustrating and very embarrassing to have the site show up with a suspended message like it was something I did wrong.

I'm currently investigating a few options, including moving my hosting. Hopefully if I end up doing that it won't impact the site too much.
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your attention. These bots are unbearable and I hope you get rid of it.

Good luck!

Best regards,
Djalma Junior.