Hal David 90th Birthday Celebration

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

kyleburke

Hal David 90th Birthday Celebration

Post by kyleburke »

Why does all of the good stuff have to be on the left coast?!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/15 ... elebration
Blair N. Cummings

Re: Hal David 90th Birthday Celebration

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

If I`m reading this correctly and the cheap seats start at ten grand, I couldn`t attend this at my own apartment.
I`m sure it will be recorded, `though.
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Hal David 90th Birthday Celebration

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I am so very happy to hear about this celebration for the very GREAT Hal David. And I am thrilled that Burt is attending. It's my opinion that Hal -- along with most lyricists who partner with a great composer -- get short shrift in their being acknowledged as great artists in their own right. 99 out of 100 times you'll hear people say, "That's a Burt Bacharach song", or "now a song by Richard Rodgers", etc. etc. They totally leave out the lyricist. And because of Burt's good looks, his concerts, his TV shows, guest appearances, etc., I think that Hal David really has suffered greatly from the most lack of respect by the general public due to his being partnered with Burt. My guess is that Burt got 99% of the attention and Hal got 1%. So this celebration makes me very happy.

I wonder: Does Hal still write songs with anyone?