Dionne - Window Wishin' France 1966

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Dionnefan

Dionne - Window Wishin' France 1966

Post by Dionnefan »

From Youtube:

BachtoBacharach

Re: Dionne - Window Wishin' France 1966

Post by BachtoBacharach »

An interesting clip but not a great performance of Window Wishing...probably the only performance committed to video of the tune. The arrangement is terrible and Dionne sounds so nasal in this clip as well. Poor sound production is apparent. Hate to be so critical but Dionne was much better looking than this clip shows her...and a much better singer than this clip portrays...compare this clip's appearance to her American television clips from this time...she was lighted much better in the American clips and the production values were so much superior than the French productions. I find nothing really compelling about this clip other than seeing something rarely seen since 1966. I notice she was miked on her chest rather than a stand or hand held or a boom...the mike doesn't seem to be designed for a singer.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Hey,
I would have liked to have seen this video, but it was yanked from Youtube...any idea why...other than the bad review Bach to B. gave it?

Steveo
BachtoBacharach

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Steveo, The video was removed likely due to publication rights. That's usually the reason...not a bad review! It was interesting and should surface again; I am willing to wager a small amount that this tune was not performed on American television. The tune was so perfect in it's original form and is difficult to sing...the poor arrangement didn't do it justice.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

I dig the tune, and Id like to see it Bach : )Looking forward to the time it "resurfaces"