Rainbow Room DVD

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Martyn

Rainbow Room DVD

Post by Martyn »

Burt and Dionne's New Years Eve 1996 performance at the Rainbow Room, originally broadcast by AMC (US cable channel), is now available on DVD. Probably the only available full-length concert featuring Burt and Dionne together.

The set list is the same as that of the TV special, however, the DVD omits the AMC intro and Rainbow Room nostalgia reel that preceded the show. Also omitted is the AMC New Year greeting at the end.

Here are a couple of links to online vendors that sell the DVD:

http://www.cdwow.com/DVD/dionne-burt-ba ... p/21503295

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/mus ... albums.htm

There are plenty of others so it should be fairly easy to obtain a copy.

Martyn
gillanddon

Re: Rainbow Room DVD

Post by gillanddon »

Thank you for that information Martyn. It is fabulous! Two artists in their prime.
JR

Post by JR »

It’s New Years Eve 1996. You’re sixty-five stories above midtown Manhattan in intimate surroundings entertained by Burt and Dionne. Priceless.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Martyn;

Thanks for the heads up on the DVD with Burt & Dionne!

How have you been? Will you be traveling from, 'down under' to see Burt in August 2011?

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Hi Vincent,

I'm fine but for the past year I've been up from 'Down Under' in the Middle East (UAE) so I can only hope that Burt decides to race one of his horses in the next Dubai Cup. Then he'd come over and might be persuaded to do a gig as well. The Burj Khalifa would be a good venue. It's quite a few storeys higher than the Rainbow Room!

Another word about the Rainbow Room DVD. The audio mix is very good with both Dionne's voice and Burt's piano accompaniment coming through clearly and complementing each other. Of course there's also the great sound from Burt's band and the orchestra.

Martyn
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Martyn;

Nice to hear from you! So you are in the Middle East. Hope all is well with you.

Spoke with 'Blue' from England on the phone a few weeks ago. It was great to hear from him as well!

Take care of yourself mon ami and stay in touch!

P.S. Send me a private message, I need to send you something.

Vincent