Reunion?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

burtchifan

Reunion?

Post by burtchifan »

It seems to be that reunions are taking place with bands. I was just curious and wondering if Burt and Dionne would ever work together again. If I'm not mistaken, the last time both worked together was in 2006 on American Idol (at least on television). I would take it a step further and suggest a record of NEW Bacharach/David tunes sung by Dionne and other artists. I've read and seen that B&D's relationship is as good as it was back in the 60's, with Hal even SINGING with Burt at a show last year, if I recall! Burt is writing tunes for a new show, writing with other artists, so why not take a shot at writing with Hal? Any thoughts?
gillanddon

Re: Reunion?

Post by gillanddon »

I of course would love this
someonenameddavid

Re: Reunion?

Post by someonenameddavid »

One of the many great things about Burt is that he is always open to fresh ideas and doesn't dwell in the past: he could have rested on his laurels thirty years ago, but no, still plugging away with new stuff, new relationships.

Truly one of a kind.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.