Burt on the radio!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

burtchifan

Burt on the radio!

Post by burtchifan »

Greeting fellow Bacharachians. I live in Monterrey, MX and last night, on one of the local radio stations, titled 'Night Tracks', they played tribute to none other than Burt! The show was titled 'Burt Bacharach and Friends', in other words, they played 3 hours of Burt's own interpretations AND songs penned by him and performed by different artists. Among the surprises for this long-time Burt fan: "This Guy's In Love With You" by Herb IN SPANISH!, 'Lost Horizon' by Hugo Montenegro, and a rather interesting version of 'Nikki' by an artist I can't remember. They evern played 'Do You Know The Way to San Jose' by Ray Coniff! Needless to say, I was very happy and satisfied that they played tribute to Mr. Bacharach. I hope they do a second (third, fourth) parts to this show, as Burt deserves it. As they said it last night, a living legend, in deed.
JR

Re: Burt on the radio!

Post by JR »

Interesting. I looked all over the net for Ray Conniff’s “San Jose” but haven’t been able to find it. You know, it’s funny. Maybe it’s because I turned 62 last month. Years ago Ray Conniff’s music was everywhere and I really didn’t pay it much attention. But in today’s diverse musical world I’m surprised this wonderful organization hasn’t continued at least in concert even though he passed on in 2002. At any rate, you might be inspired by this one.

steveo_1965

Re: Burt on the radio!

Post by steveo_1965 »

Do You Know The Way To San Jose as instrumentally voiced by Ray Conniff and his orch.
is featured on the 1968 Conniff album "Turn Around Look At Me" on Columbia!Hey, the album should have been called DYKTWTSJ, but instead it chose it's title from the Vogues hit....
Ray also gives his interpetation of another Burt/Hal song on this album-"This Guy's In Love With YOu"...