Dionne and Whitney Tour

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

warbachavid

Dionne and Whitney Tour

Post by warbachavid »

Dionne will be joined on her tour by her cousin Whitney Houston, for 2 shows in Germany and 1 in the UK.
It will be a specially built show for both of them. :D
whatsitallabout

Post by whatsitallabout »

where and when give us more information ...if possible i am in the UK and dont want to miss this once in a lifetime experience.
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

March 18 Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall Ft. Myers, FL
March 26 Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center Oakland, CA
July 3 Brandenburg Gate Berlin, Germany

July 7 Hyde Park Corner London, UK
July 9 Schalke Arena Gelsenkirchen, Germany
July 11 Olympic Stadium Munich, Germany
July 26 Finca de Conception Marbella, Spain
August 15 Stowe Music Festival Buckingham, UK

October 23 Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, IL
October 24 Palace Theater Albany, NY
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Oh my god...Playing at Brandenburg Gate is like giving a concert on the Mall in Washington DC. And the arena at Schalke is the biggest soccer stadium in the country (with probably 80000 seats) and the Olympic Stadium in Munich is just that...the Olympic Stadium from the 72 Olympics...and July 11 is my birthday...Is this heaven or is this hell...Only the Stones and Robbie Williams have been able to fill these venues lately.

Post by Guest »

THESE MUST BE THE CONCERTS WHITNEY IF THEY ARE SUCH BIG VENUES
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Dionne Warwick had this to say on Belgian entertainment show, 'The Red Carpet' at the weekend:

"Whitney and me are gonna work together, which is something we never did before. The third singer on stage would have been Toni Braxton, but due to her busy schedule on Broadway, another friend of mine is gonna perform with Whitney and me: my good friend Natalie Cole."

When  asked who Dionne's favourite singers of the moment were, she replied: "Well, first of all my niece Whitney. Because she always sings in tune, which is rare nowadays."
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Her "niece"?????