Unreleased Bacharach-David Songs on Scepter

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

MexicanDivorce

Unreleased Bacharach-David Songs on Scepter

Post by MexicanDivorce »

I´m new here on the board and I would like to say Hello to everyone. :D

I´m now 36 years old and I am from Germany and very huge fan of Dionne Warwick and her combination with Bacharach - David. Many many years ago I discoverd that Music as my aunt played old records. I knew as I heard that Music it is the life of my Soul!

I would like to know if there are songs by Burt, Hal and Dionne in the Scepter faults, maybe unreleased recordings ??? When all Scepter records published on CD I found only one song, it was "California" on the "Very Dionne" CD.

I read in the note book of the "Dionne" CD (Warner bros.), there must be several Bacharach-David outtakes like "Plastic city". Anybody knew this song?

I hope everybody knows my username, it´s very important for me, because it was the discovering of Dionne Warwick and in the early seventies Burt use another singer to cover the song: The great Cissy Houston, I love her version very much
Davide Bonori

Re: Unreleased Bacharach-David Songs on Scepter

Post by Davide Bonori »

There are different Bacharach songs performed by Dionne in WB vault: "Plastic city" (BB & Bobby Russell) / "And she walked in the room" or ""And Then You Walked Through the Door" (BB & Neil Simon). But - until now - there are no way to catch them!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Didn't Dionne also record an "unreleased" version of "Everybody's Out Of Town"
produced by Bacharach & David ??? :?

"blue"
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Davide, will we ever hear these WB tracks? I remain hopeful...

And my friend blue, Dionne did indeed record "Everybody's Out of Town," but I understand that an exhaustive search of the WB vaults still came up empty as to a copy. :-(

Joe
MexicanDivorce

Post by MexicanDivorce »

Davide Bonori wrote:There are different Bacharach songs performed by Dionne in WB vault: "Plastic city" (BB & Bobby Russell) / "And she walked in the room" or ""And Then You Walked Through the Door" (BB & Neil Simon). But - until now - there are no way to catch them!

I read in the Warner Bros booklet that we can hope of an unreleased CD contains these BB singles maybe togehter with the other songs like "Loving you is just an old habit", "Best thing that ever happend to me" or "The need to be"
Presenting Cissy Houston
vocals on "Mexican Divorce" by Cissy Houston