Bacharach-Hilliard rarity/inquiry

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

rob

Bacharach-Hilliard rarity/inquiry

Post by rob »

A few years ago I found the sheet music to an obscure Bacharach-Hilliard song titled "Who's Got the Action". On the cover was the artist, Phil Colbert, who recorded for Phillips records. Have recently found a re-issued copy of the recording, and was pleasantly surprised. The song sounds like it may have been written with Chuck Jackson in mind. Colbert has a similar vocal style, but not quite as hard edged or gritty as Jackson. There are no arranger/producer credits on the re-issue.

There are 3 Bacharach-related recordings that I'm still looking for; Everyone Who's Been In Love With You - Marv Johnson (United Artists), I'll Bring Along My Banjo - Johnny Ray (United Artists), and Living Without Love - Art Smalley (Epic). Has anyone out there heard these songs or have copies?
Steve Owen

Post by Steve Owen »

There have been so MANY songs written by Burt, some good, some bad...

but it is always interesting to find things no one has heard about or remembers. Keep me posted, will ya? I'd like to know about these 3 songs, particularly the first and the last.
"I'll Bring Along My Banjo sounds less interesting to me - along the lines of a novelty song.