piano choice

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

piano choice

Post by nowmedical »

Does anyone know what Burt's preferences are in makes of piano? Does he play one brand exclusively?

I'm buying a new one here in London and the master's choice might just tip the balance for me one way or another!
steveo_1965

Re: piano choice

Post by steveo_1965 »

The first 10 years were Steinway and Baldwin....after that, I don't know.
Jimmy Webb preffered Yamaha in the 70's.
Susan Vincent

Post by Susan Vincent »

Well, I noticed he plays a Bosendorfer grand. In most all the youtube, it shows that. He is German-Jewish decent, so I am guessing this would be his choice of pianos.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Thanks for the info , Susan...I would say that as long as the piano has a good round tone,
sharp, but full and round....and doesn't sound "brittle"....I don't think Burt likes brittle sounding pianos...

Steveo
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Nowmedical

If you're not particularly after a grand, check out Mark Goodwin's website (markgoodwinpianos.co.uk). His company masterfully recondition mainly Yamaha pianos and I can vouch for their beautiful tone and sound. I believe he does also recondition and sell the occasional grand - worth having a look and getting in touch, he's really helpful and will offer free advice.

He has a showroom in London (New Malden) with some finished Yamaha models on display there.

Andrew