Page 7 of 15

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:15 am
by blueonblue
Great arrangement !

"blue"

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:20 am
by geoff85


Brooke benton do your own thing. It was listed under a lieber stoller playlist but it sounds like a bacharach tune to me.

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:59 am
by geoff85
The vogues magic town,composed,by cynthia.weil and.barry mann has.a.very bacharach/ jim webb rythm.

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:18 am
by geoff85


The teddy randazo produced let me.dream,by georgia gibbs.

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:58 pm
by Fussi
Written by the great Tony Hatch.


Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:09 pm
by Blair N. Cummings
Nice. but not as nice as "Don`t Sleep in the Subway".

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:19 pm
by Blair N. Cummings
This is from an otherwise worthless album - and it hurts me to say that. But here`s Todd Rundgren`s beautiful "Terra Firma":

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:36 pm
by geoff85
Blair N. Cummings wrote:This is from an otherwise worthless album - and it hurts me to say that. But here`s Todd Rundgren`s beautiful "Terra Firma":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJqGAktDnw4
!

Blair you know your my dude and all but your really reaching with this one homeboy.

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:18 pm
by Blair N. Cummings
Well, maybe; but I think it sounds more like Bacharach than some of Bacharach`s recent stuff.

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:42 pm
by geoff85
Blair N. Cummings wrote:Well, maybe; but I think it sounds more like Bacharach than some of Bacharach`s recent stuff.

At least i didnt have to translate my previous response.

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:37 am
by flicktease
So happy someone mentioned Todd Rundgren..... My favourite songwriter (just in front of Burt).....Have to disagree that "Global" is a waste of time though.

Following 3 tracks (Todd does write his fair share of showtunes) have a Bacharach sound ,at least to ,me.







Todd said This track's chorus was inspired by "Are You There?" (With another girl) chords.


Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:43 am
by flicktease
And these...




Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:02 am
by flicktease
some more.....






Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:10 pm
by Blair N. Cummings
I think we all get a bit carried away on this thread by posting anything that seems unusually melodic; I`m as guilty as anyone.
So don`t take offence with my opinion that almost none of your examples really "sound like Bacharach." Todd`s "Courage" comes closest.
Nevertheless, the Brasil `66 clip reminded me of the hots I had for Karen Philip. If I recall, she recorded a solo album never released for unexplained reasons. She then gave up singing for an acting career that landed her a part in the first season of MASH, only to have her character written out of the series. Her life and career after that are a mystery to me. If anyone knows what ever became of this woman, I`d love to be let in on it.

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:48 pm
by geoff85
Blair N. Cummings wrote:I think we all get a bit carried away on this thread by posting anything that seems unusually melodic; I`m as guilty as anyone.
So don`t take offence with my opinion that almost none of your examples really "sound like Bacharach." Todd`s "Courage" comes closest.
Nevertheless, the Brasil `66 clip reminded me of the hots I had for Karen Philip. If I recall, she recorded a solo album never released for unexplained reasons. She then gave up singing for an acting career that landed her a part in the first season of MASH, only to have her character written out of the series. Her life and career after that are a mystery to me. If anyone knows what ever became of this woman, I`d love to be let in on it.
You are so write everyone gets carried away except for ME. I am the only one who always gets it right.