Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

Re: Another great song that sounds like Bacharach

Post by blueonblue »

Great arrangement !

"blue"
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

Brooke benton do your own thing. It was listed under a lieber stoller playlist but it sounds like a bacharach tune to me.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

The vogues magic town,composed,by cynthia.weil and.barry mann has.a.very bacharach/ jim webb rythm.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

The teddy randazo produced let me.dream,by georgia gibbs.
Fussi

Post by Fussi »

Written by the great Tony Hatch.

Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Nice. but not as nice as "Don`t Sleep in the Subway".
Blair N. Cummings

This is from an otherwise worthless album - and it hurts me to say that. But here`s Todd Rundgren`s beautiful "Terra Firma":
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:This is from an otherwise worthless album - and it hurts me to say that. But here`s Todd Rundgren`s beautiful "Terra Firma":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJqGAktDnw4
!

Blair you know your my dude and all but your really reaching with this one homeboy.
Blair N. Cummings

Well, maybe; but I think it sounds more like Bacharach than some of Bacharach`s recent stuff.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:Well, maybe; but I think it sounds more like Bacharach than some of Bacharach`s recent stuff.

At least i didnt have to translate my previous response.
flicktease

Post by flicktease »

So happy someone mentioned Todd Rundgren..... My favourite songwriter (just in front of Burt).....Have to disagree that "Global" is a waste of time though.

Following 3 tracks (Todd does write his fair share of showtunes) have a Bacharach sound ,at least to ,me.

Todd said This track's chorus was inspired by "Are You There?" (With another girl) chords.

flicktease

Post by flicktease »

And these...

flicktease

Post by flicktease »

some more.....

Blair N. Cummings

I think we all get a bit carried away on this thread by posting anything that seems unusually melodic; I`m as guilty as anyone.
So don`t take offence with my opinion that almost none of your examples really "sound like Bacharach." Todd`s "Courage" comes closest.
Nevertheless, the Brasil `66 clip reminded me of the hots I had for Karen Philip. If I recall, she recorded a solo album never released for unexplained reasons. She then gave up singing for an acting career that landed her a part in the first season of MASH, only to have her character written out of the series. Her life and career after that are a mystery to me. If anyone knows what ever became of this woman, I`d love to be let in on it.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:I think we all get a bit carried away on this thread by posting anything that seems unusually melodic; I`m as guilty as anyone.
So don`t take offence with my opinion that almost none of your examples really "sound like Bacharach." Todd`s "Courage" comes closest.
Nevertheless, the Brasil `66 clip reminded me of the hots I had for Karen Philip. If I recall, she recorded a solo album never released for unexplained reasons. She then gave up singing for an acting career that landed her a part in the first season of MASH, only to have her character written out of the series. Her life and career after that are a mystery to me. If anyone knows what ever became of this woman, I`d love to be let in on it.
You are so write everyone gets carried away except for ME. I am the only one who always gets it right.