I need help PLEEEAAASSEEEE

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

heyitsmejamis

I need help PLEEEAAASSEEEE

Post by heyitsmejamis »

Hi I am desperately trying to find an extensive collection of Burt's music without people singing in the songs. I am talking something along the lines of "Something Big: The Complete A&M Years" set, however to buy the thing is about $130 dollars since it is not being made anymore. Can anyone help me??
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I'm sure others have opinions, but I think the best single-disc Bacharach solo collection is What the World Needs Now: Bacharach Classics. It's a great collection.

If that doesn't have what you want, you can try buying the individual CDs, although the later releases might only be available as pricey ($30 or so) imports.

Hope this helps.
heyitsmejamis

Post by heyitsmejamis »

Yeah I have all the songs on What The World Now has. iTunes has a great collection called Something Big, it's like 5 discs but it is missing tracks so I don't want to get that. I wish I could get his music without paying so much. The mp3's alone would make me happy, it seems like getting all the individual discs is a job for a collector not a listener.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Unless the website is out of date, I think the Something Big collection is still available via Hip-O Select for around $90. I know that's a lot, but at least it's less than $130. Check out the link below:

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.public.p ... 136a254754
heyitsmejamis

Post by heyitsmejamis »

Thanks, that's the best price I've seen so far. However, does anybody have those songs already on mp3 or anything? I'm a music lover with tons and tons of stuff and would be willing to somehow do a trade on something you also might like. I've got just about everything. Let me know!