Searching for a CD - Burt sings all the lyrics

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

A Guest

Searching for a CD - Burt sings all the lyrics

Post by A Guest »

I saw Burt on Soundstage and heard him singing and thought it was hauntingly beautiful..

I remember owning an old 45 record of his hit single "This Guy's in Love with You" and him singing it, of course :-)

Can someone tell me if Burt Bacharach has a CD out where he's singing the lyrics on ALL his songs? If so what is the title so I can run out and purchase it!

I appreciate any help!
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

There is no album on which Burt sings on all tracks and, indeed, he is on record (so to speak) saying that if he were to make such an album not ten people would buy it.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

The following is a post from the old Bacharach message board:

In short, there's no album in which Bacharach sings on several tracks.
Burt sings...

SONG (ALBUM)
A House Is Not A Home (part of it) (Reach Out, 1967)
Make It Easy On Yourself (Same title album, 1969)
Close To You {part of it) (Burt Bacharach, 1971)
Lost Horizon
The Balance of Nature
Something Big (the last threee songs: Living Together, 1974?)
Collections* with Burt playing Burt include these versions (even though I only know one which includes Something Big. None with Balance of Nature).
Alfie (An Amazing Night, 1999?)
*Please check out also the new What the World Needs Now collection. Several BB singing BB there.

To which I'll add, your current best bet on CD is the 2003 release "What the World Needs Now: Bacharach Classics," which includes Burt singing "Something Big," "A House Is Not A Home," "Make It Easy on Yourself," and part of "Close To You."

If you're not in a hurry, Hip-O Select Records is scheduled to release a Bacharach solo marerial box set in September, which should include most of the songs mentioned above (with the exception of the One Amazing Night rendition of "Alfie."
A Guest

Re: Searching for a CD - Burt sings all the lyrics

Post by A Guest »

Blair C. and Mark (admin) - Thanks so much for replying to my post. Your help was much appreciated!!

The September release of Bacharach's solo material box set will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, at your suggestion, I'll order the 2003 release "What the World Needs Now" for my birthday gift to me :D

Hearing Burt sing "A House is not a Home" moved me to tears...Nobody else can sing that song as he does..What a sad, beautiful song..
Werner

Burt sings

Post by Werner »

if i'm not mistaken, Burt also sings 'raindrops keep fallin'on my head' on the 'In concert'-album.